All female cast watch-along request

If you get Bridget and Mary Jo involved, then they might appreciate a film with Richard Carlson in it, like Tormented.

Sorry, that’s Hollywood Actor Richard Carlson. :star:

11 Likes

Yes, but is it not cruel to subject a guest (Bridget) to Tormented? More importantly, I don’t think I can make it through another watch along (they did that last summer) and everything is about ME (lol).

2 Likes

Yes, I really want Wild World of Batwoman. Mostly as I can’t remember seeing it, plus it’s super campy.

7 Likes

Don’t forget you’ve also got The Bat Woman coming up in this season. Could be an Emily episode too!

4 Likes

This sounds like a right cracking idea!

5 Likes

Honestly, while the all-female cast riffing would be fun, I don’t want it to just be riffing about slamming men or commenting on the role of women in old movies. Quite frankly, that will get very old, very fast for me. If we get an all-female cast, just have them riff a movie and do it well.

5 Likes

Well, straight-up riffing has somewhat different requirements than a watch-a-long in the spirit of the Mindless Summer YouTube stuff.

Besides, plenty of men involved in these movies have already taken it on the chin, regardless of who might’ve authored the particular riff. Who can forget such classic moments as,

“At all times, he has the look of a man who’s been hit with a fish!” Or,

“Y’know, I wish uncooked liver had been the star of this film.”

4 Likes

Oh, I agree, but there’s a difference between making fun of the characters who happen to be male (or the ones who happened to be female) because it’s just a bad movie and turning it into a dedicated diatribe, even in a watchalong, rather than a riff. (People were describing it both ways so I wasn’t sure which was intended…or else I misread it, equally possible.)

Obviously, if that’s the kind of thing that most people are wanting, that’s fine, but that kind of thing tends to get meanspirited and even in dedicated riffs, there are riffs that I disliked simply because they felt less like good-natured ribbing and more bitter.

2 Likes

As we’re well into Passover season right now, I’ll defend the usefulness of bitter herbs. But they should be one component, and not permitted to take over the whole Seder plate. :wink:

8 Likes

Well, anyway, I’m sorry if I was the Torgo to everyone else’s Urkel party. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only want to add that Lesley Kinzel and Kelsey Ann Brady should also be included … but that does become quite the full roster.

11 Likes

I agree with your suggestion to make a 3 part series of watch-alongs. Great suggestion :blush:

3 Likes

I initially got the idea from the RiffTrax episodes with Mary Jo and Bridget as the riffers. They tend to focus on movies and shorts that feature outdated portrayals of gender roles. For example, the “Wonderful World of Tupperware” (short) and “She Demons” (movie).

It’s enjoyable to have the perspectives/humor of women riffing these types of materials. This of course doesn’t subtract from the work of the men riffers. It’s “different from” not “better than.”

If you got the RiffTrax Friends membership as one of the Kickstarter rewards, I highly recommend those episodes. They are awesome! :blush:

4 Likes

Without Torgo the plot would be even more stagnant.

Never apologize for being a Torgo :heart:. All Torgos are beautiful :goat::hugs:

6 Likes

I like many of Bridge and Mary Jo’s riffs. Their riffs of Sherlock Holmes are my favorite. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m a fan of their Sherlock Holmes movies

4 Likes

I like it! Would definitely watch.

3 Likes

Me too! And Farm Family shorts. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I haven’t seen those. Have you seen Lady Mobster? It’s pretty funny.

2 Likes

Oh, dang - THAT would be epic!

2 Likes