All female cast watch-along request

I love it when the ladies take over riffing… it’s a different brand of snark and it’s great.

5 Likes

Yes!!!

3 Likes

I’d like it if there were some way - if they would want to be involved, of course - to include the former Info Club Poobahs, Julie Walker and Barb Tebben, for such a watchalong.

Their interactions with the MSTie fanbase were very much meaningful and appreciated, and they truly represented the welcoming spirit of the show.

8 Likes

Oh my… getting JulieWa and/or Barbb to chime in again would be a TREAT!

4 Likes

Beez McKeever joined in with Bridget and Mary Jo on one of their Christmas things and she was a hoot!

5 Likes

Absolutely so!

And it would be something really nice to get some insight and perspectives from women who were involved with MST3K from outside of a performing/screenwriting role.

BEEZ :smiley:

Just an absolute treasure. Wildly creative and funny as hell!

6 Likes

Beez would be really good. She shared some very entertaining stories during the Kickstarter (and/or Mindless Summer). I liked her found reminiscing of the time props were stolen from her car.

3 Likes

Might I suggest Project Moonbase for this? Because HOO BOY that movie is…

4 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone suggest Racket Girls, which surprises me, because I’d love an all-female take on a women’s wrestling movie from the 40s.

5 Likes

It’s because everyone thought there’d be more racketeering.

7 Likes

Big talk. Where’s your theme music then?

2 Likes

Music?! Why here? Why now?
WHY US?!

Oh, fine.

UKRANIA! MY BITTER HOMELAND!

2 Likes

I totally agree! I love the female perspective that Mary Jo & Bridget give us. And my husband loves their riffs, too.

8 Likes

Welcome Fan of Pearl!
signed,
Pearl’s Mint

4 Likes

Now I can’t stop thinking about what it’d be like if the ladies all ganged up on the Deadly Prey sequel, if there ever was one.

1 Like

Or at least the odd game of squash :man_shrugging:

EDIT: I’ve replied to the wrong post again. Non sequiturs are cool and everything (especially when they come out of nowhere :wink: ) but it should make a little bit of sense now.

5 Likes

In terms of the Kickstarter and mindless summer watch alongs , Untamed Youth, Gamera Vs Guiron, Werewolf, and Blood Waters of Dr Z were all male watch alongs. Don’t see any harm in wanting see an all female version, especially if it’s something people are interested in.

8 Likes

There have been literally hundreds of episodes with all male riffers.

9 Likes

A first post attacking a pro-female concept with the alt-right codephrase “cancel culture”? I wondered when we’d get one of those in this thread.

8 Likes

This is not a way to welcome yourself to our community, friend. But I welcome you nonetheless.

2 Likes