All female cast watch-along request

I’m surprised he didn’t follow that up with “Why is there no WHITE History Month?”

10 Likes

So what’s our full, uncut, complete dream watch-along invitee list? I assume spread over several episodes since it would get a little crowded. In no particular order because organization is hard:

Did I miss anybody? This (rocking) roster of 11 could cover 3 movies, easy! I loved all the watch-alongs and I’d be one of the first in line at the Gizmoplex to watch. I’d probably even pay a little extra… What about a pay what you can fundraiser for a worthy cause?

9 Likes

I consider it a tribute to the intelligence and decency of the fan base that it took this long to get the #WhyIsThereNoMensHistoryMonth reply.

Moving on, I hope the MST3K Poohbahs are reading this thread and thinking about when to make this happen!

7 Likes

Yeah, count me in. Could also propose a re riff with some of their characters? Mary Jo as pearl on quest of the delta knights kind of a thing.

2 Likes

I just hope there’s a callback to Pearl’s mint :wink:

4 Likes

I was wondering why that episode just popped into my head haha. Subliminal messages, I tell ya. Or, well the opposite, whatever that is. Liminal messages I guess?

2 Likes

Superliminal? Supraliminal??

2 Likes

Reminds me of the joke ’ I’m not superstitious, I’m just extrastitious ’

4 Likes

Me, me, me, me, me, meeeeeee!

I’m not interested in anything that isn’t like meeeeeee! Don’t you even dare to suggest you want something that isn’t like meeeeeeee!

Seriously dude, not a good look.

1 Like

Welcome FanofPearl :blush:!

1 Like

I don’t want to engage but I’m also extremely curious about what alternate reality of the 1980s they are referring to with “This kind of gender-only clubhouse thinking went out the window in the Eighties.” :rofl:

6 Likes

I mean, it’s not like we’re asking to have female-only viewers.

The guys can watch if they want to.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why some people are resistant to hearing different perspectives. It mystifies me.

6 Likes

Not just resistant, but get downright angry about it. Like representation damages them in some way.

We’re all aware that MST3K began as a ‘white boys only’ show, but they’ve been making an effort to be more-and-more inclusive as time passes. We’re seeing not only more women, but more POCs on the show, and that’s all to the good.

MST3K is for everyone.

9 Likes

Moral of the story? We should really just relax.

7 Likes

This post was a waste of time which would’ve been better spent emptying the dishwasher and folding the towels.

@FlyingSquid
This is not a way to welcome yourself to our community, friend. But I welcome you nonetheless.

Me, too. If “Welcome” in this case means, Hi there! Have you met my best friend the Mute button?

2 Likes

I would completely be in favor of an all female watch-along event. It would be awesome!

6 Likes

Forgive me if it’s already been covered, but… several of us have suggested movies, but what shorts would be fun to re-cover? Let’s assume we can mix and match shorts and movies just for fun.

I nominate one of my all-time favorites Are You Ready for Marriage? I worship Cthulu!

5 Likes

The Home Economics Story seems an obvious one to cover to me.

6 Likes

Yeah I was thinking of A Date With Your Family as well. But I also don’t want to pigeonhole them with all domestic stuff. The only short I don’t ever want to see again is Catching Trouble

6 Likes