Altered Studio Logos in Movies

Someone on Lemmy made the claim that all movies where they alter the studio logo (the examples they gave were Scott Pilgrim, Pitch Perfect and Upgrade, and I haven’t seen the latter two) are good movies.

I countered with the logo from the 1994 Flintstones movie, which is just god-awful.

Starting your movie with a bad pun is not a good sign.

Anyway, this made me wonder what altered logos have stood out to you in a movie or TV show? A very well-known one would be the Fox logo for Futurama.

What else can you think of?

7 Likes

The Indiana Jones movies would have fun with this, turning the Paramount Pictures mountain into something else, like an actual mountain or a picture of a mountain on a gong or something.

8 Likes

I’m not the arbiter of good or bad signs however I can say that having been based on a cartoon where celebrities played themselves but with names like Ann Margrock and Stoney Curtis, we at least expected the movie to start with a bad pun.

7 Likes

disneytronlegacy

Disney had a pretty sharp logo variation for Tron: Legacy.

10 Likes

True, and yet, it still was a bad sign of things to come.

1 Like

Yes, Viva Rock Vegas.

4 Likes

Fairly simple, but the LEGO movie’s was (CGI) lego elements suspended from strings.

(My first thought was The Matrix, but it’s mostly just the background.)

7 Likes

Also, the Looney Tunes open of Gremlins 2.

5 Likes

I really liked what Men in Black: International did with the Columbia logo (she puts on sunglasses and flashy things the audience).

7 Likes

Loved loved loved the wintry theme for the 20th Century Fox logo for Edward Scissorhands.

8 Likes

Gremlins 2 might have been the first movie to do a mid-credits joke too. Ferris Bueller beat it with the post-credits scene, but Daffy coming in and saying, “long, isn’t it?” might have been the first.

6 Likes

The Spider-Verse movies also had trippy alternate logos to reflect the alternate universe shenanigans you were about to witness.

5 Likes

How about Wall-E “fixing” the Pixar logo?

8 Likes

a24eeaao

It wasn’t used in the final product, but the trailer for Everything Everywhere All at Once turned the A24 logo into a bunch of googly eyes.

5 Likes

Thank God It’s Friday had a dancing Columbia logo.

5 Likes

It’s subtle, but the X-Men movies did have a lingering “x”…

20th_Century_Fox

8 Likes

The Matrix franchise got all matrix-y.

5 Likes

The 20th Century Fox variant for The Peanuts Movie had Schroeder popping up to provide a piano accompaniment for the studio fanfare.

7 Likes

The Simpsons Movie with Ralph Wiggum in the zero of the 20th Century Fox logo humming part of the fanfare.

The Columbia Logo from The Mitchells vs. The Machines.

Another Columbia variant from William Castle’s Zotz.

5 Likes

When MGM came to do The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course, OF COURSE they couldn’t use the MGM lion in their studio logo…

3 Likes