🎄 Anyone need/want a place to hang for X-mas or New Years or both?? 🎄

Hey all! Opening the Jen & Daniel Gasthaus once more for anyone who’d like some food, fellowship and feeble flicks!

:christmas_tree::christmas_tree: :champagne: :clinking_glasses:

We are going non-traditional this year. Steaks on the grill and LOADED baked potatoes (butter, sour cream, real bacon bits, green onion, sour cream, salt & pepper, and CHEESE!!! We will have some sort of greenery, be it green beans, blue cheese asparagus, and/or possibly a nice salad.

Guest room is open! TV in there is Roku, so you can sleep to the soothing tones of MST3K all night long, if you wish!

Bar is also open! :smiley:

Please feel free to drop me a DM for deets! =)

P.S. Located in the far burbs of Chicago
P.P.S. Standard attire is jammies - ALL DAY LONG!

16 Likes

As usual, I wish I could come. It’s actually more possible for me now that I’m not working.

But I’ll be recovering from my surgery.

That said, green beans are evil and they ruin anything they touch. My wife eats green bean casserole every thanksgiving at her family’s house. I think she’s insane.

3 Likes

I am hoping that the surgery goes well and that you can finally eat again!!!

(green beans are my least favorite…but I slather them with butter and they are ok!)

7 Likes

Thanks, me too!

5 Likes

Chinese dry satueed string beans are fab. And no Salade Nicoise is complete without a little serving of steamed, cold string beans as one of the components.

That casserole I can take or leave. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

I used to hate string beans until one time at a restaurant they served them steamed with slivered almonds and my friend and I were munching them like candy.

As with most things, it’s all in how you cook 'em.

4 Likes

Hey bumping for anyone who’s interested. There’s punch & pie!

4 Likes

You guys are so awesome! To open up your home for the holidays, its really a beautiful thing. There’s people who unfortunately may not have friends or family where they are, or maybe none at all. Makes for a lonely time of year. You guys could possibly change someones life and thats so admirable!
Honesty, if I could afford the trip, I would be knocking on your door in my Poop emoji slippers and hot dish in hand! Happy holidays folks! Good energy!

7 Likes

Well now I’m sad i don’t get to witness your poop emoji slippers!! :sob::sob:

5 Likes

You don’t know how temped I am to ditch family Christmas and come to your Holiday Pajama Jam.

7 Likes

There will be cheesy movies!! And tasty food! And no obligations! :star_struck:

8 Likes

Don’t be so sure you wont lol

5 Likes

Do it

She has tiny pies

6 Likes

And, as an added bonus, I’m making my tasty balls (dates, rice crispies, butter & sugar) :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s what she said!

She enjoys making desserts.

2 Likes

“Millions of BALLS.” – Tom Servo

4 Likes

Ok so we’re all going to a stranger’s house in our PJs for a New Year’s Eve adult slumber party?

3 Likes

I’m not a stranger to everyone. I’ve been to a couple meet-ups! There are folks that will vouch for me! :slightly_smiling_face:

I promise no harm will come of you. I doubt you’ll get such an offer from the eels! (re: your family) :laughing:

6 Likes

I don’t think any of us who have been here for long enough consider @Armetus a stranger at this point, even if we’ve never met in person.

I certainly trust most long-term MSTies here enough to go to a party at their house, and if they seemed sketchy, I could just make an excuse to leave and check into a motel.

2 Likes

This shall be the ballsiest Christmas of them all!

4 Likes