APRIL 7th WATCH PARTY: Ain’t No Party Like a Demon Squad Kickstarter Party!!

The Easter connection can be incredibly tenuous. Like, if you told me that you shot part of it around Easter, or that you were writing it around Easter or something, that would qualify it as an Easter movie.

(As a real-world example to how little of a connection it needs, I consider Johnny Got His Gun a Christmas movie because there is a flashback to a Christmas party that Joe had attended at work.)

4 Likes

We did have to reschedule the last day of filming because we didn’t realize it fell on Easter. Ended up having to move it to June, after the wrap party, in INCREDIBLY hot, three-digit temps with no a/c. All the office scenes.

6 Likes

Which explains the shine on everyone’s faces.

2 Likes

It was a might warm. :smile:

3 Likes

“Could we turn the desk fan on?”
WWWHHHHMMMMMMWWWHHHHMMMMMMWWWHHHHMMMMMM
“…Maybe not.”

4 Likes

You better believe it was on between takes!!! :smile:

4 Likes

Were there fistfights over who got to sit directly in front of it?

1 Like

I swear, I only shoved Khristan out of the way ONCE!!

Nah, we just dealt with it, but there as one really hot shoot with Frankendemon, where he was more concerned for everyone else than himself, AND HE WAS IN A HEAVY SILICONE MASK! Super sweet guy.

We got lucky with cast and crew. All sweethearts.

7 Likes

YAY! Time to make a movie marquee poster for our rec room!

3 Likes

Hey, i know some of yall wanted to know what the original audio sounded like. The update Thomas just posted has some of the music tracks isolated, and at the proper volume, so you can see some scenes with the score. The dialogue isnt there (video is about the music), but itll give you an idea.

7 Likes

Ok, I’m ready!!!

6 Likes

I love it!!!

4 Likes

@Erin_Lilley_Smith, I was inspired by your suggestion to watch Souptaper as an appetizer and it hit the spot. Please have a Summerfest balloon on me: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s one of my favorites! Glad you enjoyed it!

3 Likes

I had completely forgotten that David Dobkin directed that video. Worth mentioning since he wrote Ice Cream Man years before he directed Wedding Crashers and a few other comedies.

1 Like

Aint no party like a Demon Squad party because the Demon Squad party was built on the belief that low budget movies endorse sexual annihilation and federal horse government

Okay @DigiRangerScott is cut off for the night

1 Like

OK, we’re officially ready!!

8 Likes

That. Is. Awesome!

3 Likes

It’s so boss that in just under TWO DAYS, we’re going back to Demontown!

mst3k1306demontown

6 Likes