Batgirl shelved by DC Comics "never to be seen!"

For nearly all of them, the back catalogue is the only thing I’m interested in. With Paramount, for example, if they would make available the Paramount TV shows that they haven’t licensed to someone else - Barefoot in the Park, let’s say - I’d be 100% on board. But they can’t be bothered.

3 Likes

If they push me hard enough, I can survive on MST3K, B5 DVDs, and fun at the local racetracks (watching/competing)?

And, the free time and extra money may help me kickstart some projects that I really want to do? (Podcasts etc)

But, I’m weird?

4 Likes

Was Batgirl supposed to be a prequel of The Batwoman?

4 Likes

If that’s a serious question, then no; they’re different characters. Batman’s cast of supporting characters — never mind his rogues gallery — has grown to a ridiculous size over the decades. And that’s before getting into the multiversal variants.

3 Likes

Sorry, I recently watched that episode and thought what if the new movie was in the same universe? That would certainly explain why it was never released

1 Like
1 Like

I’d missed, or forgotten that Perry Mason was canceled… Boooooooo.

But, I had thought that True Detective had been canceled? And OFMD indefinitely delayed, not still expected out in 2023?

Still, just not enough left to pay for the hot mess MOX has become…

Maybe in a year or two there will be enough content built up to justify a month? Or, hopefully what I want to watch will be available to buy on iTunes…

Sigh

1 Like

What’s that? True Detective might be heading back to its slow-burn horror roots? I’m in!

“max” also has me watching the first season of Dark Winds, though it’s just part of a set of taster series from AMC+ (why?), to which I’ll soon subscribe for its second season and other stuff.

Much less horrorful :wink: on “max” is Our Flag Means Death season 2, starting October 5. And supposedly the waning 2023 will include season 2 of Tokyo Vice, and the final half season of Doom Patrol. So “max” isn’t done with me quite yet.

1 Like

Looks like the Looney Tunes project is getting a theatrical release.

1 Like

And another Looney Tunes project is shelved despite filming being finished.

1 Like

Wait, this movie has John Cena in it, and we can’t see him???

1 Like

There should be a band of hackers dedicated to liberating these shows and giving them to us for free.

6 Likes

There may be hope for Batgirl and Scoob after all-

…and here is another reminder that Zaslav is a huge dick.

1 Like

…what do you mean real courage? That’s not the answer you’re supposed to give.

1 Like

I think he meant that it takes courage to give your audience, the people who are paying for your product, exactly the opposite of what they want.

3 Likes

My point is more that saying that cutting the movie “takes real courage” implies a sort of thinking that is completely removed from the actual complaints being levied and the reason why he’s making it is because he genuinely doesn’t understand what the big deal is.

6 Likes

I was being sort of snarky - I don’t think he actually meant what I said. I need to work harder on flagging my intended meanings.

I agree with you. He’s oblivious.

3 Likes

Sainted GF signed up for a cheap year of Peacock, and I’d like to make her feel good about it by finding something I like on it but for the life of me I just can’t.

3 Likes

The first thing I watched on Peacock was probably the first show they ever canceled: Brave New World. (I kind of enjoyed it.)

Other things I’ve enjoyed: Mrs. Davis (fun), Cleopatra in Space (animated fun), Poker Face (Columbo-esque). There are also old shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Office (US). And even really old stuff like real Columbo and Space: 1999.

Edit: Oh, and Mr. Mercedes.

Have you tried googling: “best stuff to watch on peacock” ? Google knows your tastes probably better than anyone. :thinking:

P.S. Looks like Peacock lent some things out for Christmas, like the Asteroid City movie to Amazon Prime, and the Super Mario Bros. movie to Netflix.

4 Likes