Batgirl shelved by DC Comics "never to be seen!"

Leak that puppy. Leak it!

2 Likes

Seriously, how bad can it be versus ones they have released?

Batnipples!

2 Likes

You know, those Batman movies weren’t good, but they were a lot of fun. Not necessarily the fun they intended, but fun like a lot of MST3K movies are fun.

2 Likes
3 Likes

So apparently there’s talk about HBO Max being shut down due to the merger with Discovery, that could explain why it’s been shelved

2 Likes

That seems pretty ludicrous. What would Warner/Discovery’s streaming outlet be in that case, and what would happen to the HBO brand? Not gonna happen.

2 Likes

at least B and R had one good thing going for it. the barbra/alfred relationship was well done, even if it was the wrong guy she was related too!

1 Like

not what IHeard. HBO MAx is going to MERGE somehow with Discovery. should be the other way around though. all discovery has is reality.

1 Like

Yes, I can see them adding Discovery’s reality content (yecch) to HBO Max.

2 Likes

Not sure if this means all these shows will be cancelled, but either way, we can’t have nice things.

4 Likes

This is the start of the great consolidation. Smaller companies are buying each other up as fast as possible to ensure they have some sort of back catalogue to entice streaming subscriptions. Expect a lot more of this over the next few years as every network streamer tries to create enough content to remain relevant against NetFlix, Disney, and Amazon. When those three start buying up more of the smaller ones, you will know the end is near and only two or three of them will remain standing.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, I think we know exactly where the script for this movie came from…

3 Likes

When you hire someone who hates the character to make the movies, the results can’t be good.

4 Likes

See J.J. Abrams and Star Trek.

3 Likes

Hmm… Some of these shows have multiple seasons and seem close to cancellation anyway. But I suspect there.will.be.trouble if they renege on an s2 of Our Flag Means Death.

Regardless, a lot of this merger so far seems horribly handled to begin with. It wouldn’t surprise me if the idea that HBO/Max is the tail of the contrived (“reality”) shows’ dog is how the new bosses think, though it’s also ludicrous enough to be just a social media trolling.

( “Seth Bob-Omb”? That could almost make a good band name. (Comic not film. :nerd_face:) )

2 Likes

None of the batmovies have done much for me, unfortunately, including the latest. Imma just keep watching seasons 1-4 of the WB animated series from the 90s, they nailed it. I’m good.

4 Likes

Harley Quinn is the only one of those shows I watch.

3 Likes

I’d be fine with them wrapping up Doom Patrol next season, my rule is that few shows are sustainable past three seasons and that will be its fourth. I don’t watch any other show on the list, but can appreciate what their loss might mean for the entertainment ecosystem.

I agree with @LadyShelley that the period of fragmentation appears to ending and that the ossifying stage of amalgamation is underway. There are too many services with too little content, and it’s going to require a return to the “Netflix buffet” model to retain customers soon. Ironically Netflix itself will probably be a casualty, having decided to pursue missteps in subscriber plans instead of shoring up their content.

4 Likes

I think 4 seasons is a good number.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that many multi-season shows tend to have at least one “blind alley” season, where the show goes down a road that they decide later wasn’t where they wanted to go. Season three of Doom Patrol in the first episode pretty much dispatches both of the big bads they spent all of season two building up. Similarly, season four of Westworld seems to be finding its way back into the core narrative, after a discursive third season.

4 Likes