Breakfast food

My Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs are among my most prized possessions.

Got the complete Hanna-Barbera Tom & Jerries too.

4 Likes

I gave my Golden Collection dvds to my daughter (FTW) so I’m in the process of acquiring them again.

1 Like

Ah, well that’s worth it.

1 Like

I really, really, REALLY don’t get the worship of McBreakfasts. The last time I had a McMuffin, it was indistinguishable in flavor from the wrapper and bag it came in. :confused: (Thankfully, I didn’t buy it. My then-boss picked them up for us.)

Burgerville, a local chain, used to have a really nice version of the breakfast muffin. But thanks to the current manpower issues you’d expect, I don’t think they’ve served food in the morning for a couple of years now.

As mentioned upthread, I’m happy to make mine at home whenever possible. Between the newer toaster and stove, it’s super-fast, too. Sometimes too fast. lol. I have to co-ordinate carefully to make sure one component doesn’t start smoking before the others are ready.

As for fancier morning fare, I think I covered that in one of the waffle/pancake threads.

2 Likes

Not mcmuffnz. Biscuit.

Blue Eyes Cat GIF by Kimmy Ramone

4 Likes

KITTY!

I used to like Jack-In-The-Box biscuits. But they effed up my to-go orders too many times, so I gave up on ‘em for good 4-5 years back. Probably not the employees’ fault. No bigger recipe for disaster than having some poor soul take two sets of orders, with counter in one ear and drive-thru in the other, at the same time. But it got tiring, and (as mentioned above) I got a better stove and a better toaster. Which made it not a really big loss.

3 Likes

And you’re right - homemade biscuits are superior, but they are not easy. I’m from the North and it’s taken me years.

2 Likes

lol. That’s why I’m about the whole grain supermarket muffin. Toasters cover up many sins. I may just give up and start buying upscale whole-grain biscuit mix or something, eventually. At least if that fails, you’re not out quite as much time. :grin: (Also, the crows will handle even the most heinous crimes against baking and never complain.)

2 Likes
6 Likes

I do like sausage McMuffins. As with many other things, I never outgrew my childhood love of fast food.

1 Like

Tim Hortons makes some tasty stuff for breakfast, the bacon breakfast sandwich on a biscuit with a double double is just great. Their farmer’s breakfast wraps are awesome for a hangover…

Timmies has gone downhill a bit but their breakfast stuff still works for me :+1::smiley::+1:

1 Like

I love a good bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. However, if I eat it in the car, I get the crumbs all over myself, so my go-to from McDonald’s has lately been the bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle.

2 Likes

Yeah ya do.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

More biscuits for me.

2 Likes

I’m more on the savory than the sweet breakfast tip, but of course combining them is the best. I saw an episode of Top Chef some years ago in which a contestant served jelly with biscuits and gravy, and my life changed that day.

2 Likes

My wife makes the best sausage gravy this side of the Mississippi, but she gave up on home made biscuits decades ago. We used to go with the canned biscuits, but switched to frozen biscuits a few years back. Still not home made quality, but they will do.

5 Likes

Mary B’s? That’s a respectable frozen biscuit right there.

1 Like

I haven’t seen that brand, we get Mason Dixie if they have them, otherwise it is Pillsbury.

2 Likes

I freeze my homemade biscuits raw and then bake them as needed right out of the freezer :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Not sure about supermarket muffins, but those pastries that are set out mornings at business conferences? Oof! Heartburn smorgasbord. (Um, yes, please, and coffee.)

Quick brekky: some marginally healthful cereal or toast/bagel.
Sometimes: Microwaved frozen burrito (usually Amy’s brand), hopefully slathered with salsa. Sometimes eaten on-the-go (without salsa).

Fast food: Then: Whataburger’s “Bob Ranchero” with sliced jalapeños. (“Bob” = “Breakfast on a bun”: sort of a small-burger-sized egg mcmuffin.) Now but not often: Kolache, donut or misc pastry.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what a “fry-up” is, but Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer were always talking about them in favorable tones on As Time Goes By. So I want a fry-up.

2 Likes