Canadian MSTies, Eh?

Looks like a normal horror host thing to me. I don’t think they ripped off MST3K. I think Shatner ripped them off with his horror host show with a bar 20 years later.

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah

1 Like

You got me curious enough to try and look up the show and I’m not sure if it’s because of the series name but…I’m finding close to nothing.

1 Like

Hello from Ottawa!

I stumbled upon the MST3K movie on late night TV circa 2003 and then went online to discover a whole series behind it. From there, the circulated peer-to-peer links!

6 Likes

Maybe you’re thinking of This Movie Sucks with Ed the Sock on CHCH. But this was 2010, much later than Spacebar.

1 Like

So, I’m from the GTA as well… I found MST because Manos was on the bottom of the IMDb list and I was intrigued. I think it was Cinema-1 that stocked MST3K VHSes, so I think I had to pony up $25 for the tape.

My brothers and I watched it three times that night.

6 Likes

Hi fellow Ottawan! Hope you are doing ok after the big storm.

7 Likes

Hi to you as well! No fallen trees on my street, and power was restored late Sunday night; hope yours is back too.

5 Likes

Hello hello, fellow Canadians! I’m in High Park, Toronto, but born and raised in Windsor/Detroit. I’m relatively new to MST3K compared to most of you, only learning of it when the Netflix series came out, and then my life was changed forever. I wasn’t allowed to watch Sci-fi as a kid (I was a huge nerd, always bullied, and my parents refused to let me get any nerdier for fear I wouldn’t make it home after school) but had I known MST3K as a kid, I would have known you were all out there, and I wouldn’t have been so alone and scared. Thanks fellow MSTies and MST3K crew! I’ll keep my ear to the ground for any GTHA meet-ups! :heart:

7 Likes

Hello-hello! Y’know what? Considering the surprisingly great amount of responses on this thread, a MSTie GTA/Ontario meet-up would be an excellent idea that I’d be down for :slight_smile: Perhaps we could all do one down the line “in the not-too-distant future” over some drinks and wonder together if there really is beer on the sun lol.

4 Likes

And someone can bring a bootleg copy of the The Final Sacrifice sequel that Tjardus quashed.

4 Likes

I lived in Vancouver for a whole 5 months, also just off Davie, at Pendrell and Broughton, across from the church! We probably weren’t neighbours, but if time wrinkled, we would be!

4 Likes

This scenario is closer to reality than ever before!

No, I don’t support strikebreakers whether domestic or foreign. I just mean that all the mods could affect thick accents and sing paeans to the nightlife of Yonge Street if they wanted to. (With French subtitles, of course.)