Completely Random Thoughts ...

With inflation, are thoughts now two pennies?

1 Like

Our thought-value is inversely proportionate to inflation, and therefore will always be a penny.

1 Like

For my 2 cents:
I made this gif in 1996, so you’re saying I don’t need to update it?
2cents

1 Like

The fact that someone offering their thoughts throws in “their two cents” but someone ASKING for your thoughts offers “a penny for your thoughts” says a lot about perceived value vs. actual value.

2 Likes

These days “gif” means “animated”. No motion means yes updation.

The second penny is the air’s toll fee. Gently placed thoughts are exempt.

1 Like

Why is deleting a directory not called a directomy?

3 Likes

4 Likes

Because rm -rf is easier to type?

1 Like

Playing Fallout New Vegas while listening to Paula Cole’s “Where Have All The Cowboys Gone” on repeat just hits different.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I could really get a whole thread from this, so I’m parking it here for now:

We need to devise our own imaginary newly-found Coleman Francis film for one or all of the new hosts (and/or Joel) to riff.

Obviously it will be in black and white, and have an airplane, and be really depressing. But beyond that, there are many possibilities for us to workshop.

3 Likes

What is this gibberish language you speak?!?!?!

:wink:

2 Likes

Oooh The Lost Coleman Tapes

Does it have to be era-appropriate or could it be, like, Coleman’s take on a Dan Brown novel?

3 Likes

Our only limit is the sky, plus how many malts we can afford this week.

4 Likes

It is easier. And what’s easier to type than a forward slash? Hardly any extra effort!

But couldn’t you just go rm -rf /{,.} --no-preserve-root?

That seems friendlier than “directomy”: “directatomy”? “directomy”? “directotomy”? I can’t spell it!

1 Like

…you fool.

1 Like
4 Likes

There Will Be Coffee

2 Likes

Well the inspiration film is certainly grim enough… now that I’m thinking about grim depressing movies, something by Cormac McCarthy would fit the bill nicely.

Cormac by Coleman!

3 Likes

I think Coleman Francis would have branched out some, perhaps made a children’s movie. Like Rebecca of Desolation Creek Farm.

4 Likes

A Coleman Francis animated movie would somehow look worse than anything we saw on Clutch Cargo.

4 Likes