Completely Random Thoughts ...

Aaaaaaand that’s why the Selects have stopped. Dang it.

5 Likes

I stay out of New Jersey on principle.

10 Likes

I tried a tiniest sip of beer, and my thought on it?

No. Just no. It’s just a booze version of soda. And I don’t even like fizzy drinks.

1 Like

If you are in the US chances are it was an IPA, and yeah, that style of beer is not so great.

Since I’m fairly sure you’re a youngun still when you’re older try a Belgian or something with more malt. Much better! :smiley:

2 Likes

Uh… actually, it was the Pasbt Blue Ribbon (more specifically a premium lager brew) beer I sipped on.

2 Likes

You gave it a shot, that’s cool. If you don’t like fizzy drinks, you’ll probably never be a fan of beer.

Though to be fair, I find the notion of PBR Premium Lager amusing. Beers like PBR, Budweiser, Coors, Busch … these are meant for consumption by the bucketful, not sipping. More of a means to an end than a culinary experience.

5 Likes

psst don’t listen to them, all beer is naaaaasty
:grin:

4 Likes

More for me.

5 Likes

Try a margarita next. Those things are yummy!

2 Likes

Random thought but I think I want to build a new computer. Im running a 4790k with a gtx 980 and I think it’s time to upgrade. The only problem is I enjoy the idea of building it more than playing it nowadays. Just between work, kids, and life stuff I don’t actually play as much as I used to.

2 Likes

I was running that same setup in 2015, then upgraded to a 1070 in 2016, didn’t upgrade again until 2019. You’d see a big jump even going to a few generations back from now and save a lot, prices on current gen PC parts are crazy. Of course finding last gen or 2 gens back parts is getting harder because most people are balking at the current prices.

2 Likes

I’m mentally and physically ill right now. I’ve had a stress migraine that keeps flaring up over the past few days and it’s manifested into other stuff. Felt sick to my stomach at work as well.

As a result, my work productivity is suffering and I haven’t done much other than sleep and listen to bad movie reviews over the past week or so. But that won’t stop my bosses from calling me on my days off.

(This has nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills, please don’t make that assumption…besides, I was out of it long before they were.)

4 Likes

Gotta love work demanding you do things on your off hours, don’t you? It’s happened to me twice this week and it’s only Tuesday. Sorry about the migraines, I commiserate as a fellow migraine sufferer (although mine are relatively mild).

2 Likes

“Open Sesame” by Kool and the Gang sounds like it belongs on a pinball game.

1 Like

Can anyone explain the whole “shoe shine stand at the airport” thing to me?

Yes, I know … boot blacking: you like it very much. I’m still confused as to why these are still a thing.

5 Likes

Helps to pass the time?

2 Likes

If you’re one of those businessmen on their way to a big business thing and you want to look your most business, a Shoeshine while waiting at the airport kills two birds with one stone and PROBABLY counts as a business expense.

3 Likes

Because an airport doesn’t already have enough opportunities for slightly / incredibly awkward interactions with other humans?

4 Likes

I used an airport shoe shine once years ago, mostly just to say I did it. It was a business trip of course, and my shoes did look a little better afterward. But I’ve never been in the business stratosphere where that extra bit of shine makes a difference in a meeting.

Kinda neat that they’re still around. Definitely several pegs above bathroom attendants on the “useless” scale.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever shined a shoe or had my shoes shined. I used to use shoe polish to cover up scuffs, but that’s about it. These days, I don’t ever wear the type of shoes that get shined anyway.

3 Likes