Conservation of humor - What incredibly short riffs produced the biggest laughs?

Ther’ve been SO MANY episodes with stock footage of rising missiles or rockets where one of the guys says, “Good Morning!” :eggplant:

10 Likes

Mr. B Natural has been mentioned I’m certain. That and the one about hygiene and posture. Thought I was done for both times. Laughed so hard I could barely breathe. Brilliant.

Edit: Misread short as shorts. Intent still stands. Short on time, big on humor. LOL

6 Likes

Watching Mitchell last night confirms one thing:

“MITCHELL!”

7 Likes

In “Prince of Space” when the phantom of Krankor (or however you spell it) is saying “Each and every one of you.” Tom servo says, “Bite me.”

Gets me every time.

11 Likes

SWITCH!

Jimmy Smits.

7 Likes

Mine, too. When they did that during the live show (The Brain) I laughed so hard I actually stopped breathing.

Well, I always said that laughing was the way I want to go, when it’s time to go.

3 Likes

I’m so glad that that one was explained to me recently because I was always baffled by it.

3 Likes

I was baffled by it too. One day I decided to look it up and was not disappointed by the results:

3 Likes

One that always gets me from Fugitive Alien II:

Col. Yarulin: This is Col. Yarulin calling.

Voice on radio: Yarulin?

Crow: Yup – we’re Number One!

It’s Crow’s chipper, upbeat reading of the line (kinda like some AM radio DJ announcing the latest ratings report) that really sells this line for me.

5 Likes

A well-timed “Huzzah!” works too!

5 Likes

On Uncle Jim’s Farm- they are watching the corn meal flow when a bot says, “I saw a finger.”

3 Likes

A few from MST3K: The Movie -

Shrinkydink…Remember??

and

Ruth Adams: "The forehead- notice these peculiar indentations

Tom Servo: Nooooo!"

7 Likes

Tom going "Robot rump? Aww, I was hoping it would be about robot rumps." in the beginning is also funny

5 Likes

From Monster a-Go Go:
“There is one terrifying word in the world of nuclear physics.” Tom: “‘Oops!’”

From Wild Wild World of Batwoman:
Tom just yelling “END! EEEEEND!!!”

From The Movie:
“…three thousand four hundred and eighty-six parts.” *CRUNCH* “Four eighty-five, sir.”

10 Likes

Olé!

(Also: Crow’s laugh! :laughing:)

3 Likes

The Screaming Skull: Mikey in the greenhouse, fumbling with the pots: GET A BOX!

6 Likes

From the Home Economic short. “Your period and mine.” I either laugh “too loudly” or a stifled laugh that requires a tissue.

1 Like

Whenever someone sings and the boys start howling like the neighborhood dogs, I laugh and laugh. I mean, that doesn’t even require writing, how great is that?

5 Likes

There’s a callback somewhere—but I can never remember where, which is why it catches me off-guard every time. There are cheerleaders on screen and under his breath Crow says “MRxL.”

6 Likes

“You’re welcome.”

4 Likes