Early Onset Nostalgia

The description says:

You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and you’ll also get lots more likes per day.

I’ve been a regular for a while and I’ve never done any of those things, and the only

I access is certainly not AFAIK actually limited to regulars.

2 Likes

At some point I could find the qualifications for becoming a Regular and now I can’t find those. Just that it’s Trust Level 3 but I don’t know what that means.

1 Like

I corrected a misspelled name in a topic title once.

2 Likes

And I cleaned up a thread title which looked as though the OP meant to edit it but didn’t know how. Otherwise I tend to be hands-off with the Regular powers.

2 Likes

Yeah. I don’t care to be trained by Discourse to spend my entire life on one site. If I get here once a day, read a thread, add a comment and some <3’s then I’m happy. Official status be damned.

6 Likes

I wanted to fix a title once but I didn’t because I figured it weren’t none of my business.

1 Like

I exercised no editorial control over the title, strictly worked in a proofreading capacity. It was a right mess and I can’t imagine the OP was happy with it in its untouched state.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m in the SNL Five Timers Club. I keep expecting Steve Martin to saunter over and offer me a drink.

5 Likes

And Conan O’Brien to be the doorman.

3 Likes

Don’t forget Jon Lovitz as the waiter. (“Hey, work is work.”)

3 Likes
1 Like

You say that, but as a counterpoint, let me present Young Sheldon.

5 Likes

Do you really think it should be preserved?

1 Like

Good point here- philosophically we can only prune the tree, but it may grow where it wants to.

1 Like

I also very much agree that a little oversight goes a long way- As was discussed, that single group of threads that were consolidated into one are recently went a LONG way to some quality housekeeping.

2 Likes

If I can get ontological for a moment, I think it’s worth taking the time to step back and consider how utterly incredible existence is. The mere fact that there is something rather than nothing is astounding, and is a philosophical quandary which may never be wholly resolved. Add to that the fact that we exist, constructed of cellular machinery that does no end of amazing things, and that we possess intellects and wills, however rudimentary they may seem at times. All of this we, and I include myself, take for granted most of the time because we are confronted with the issues of the moment.

We are transient, evanescent, and all destined to vanish into the annals of time, yet at the same time we are miraculous and meaningful.

7 Likes
1 Like

No, I meant Young Sheldon.

1 Like

Very much agree here, which is the nature of the beast, right? When there’s new activity in the MST world, the boards buzz, when there isn’t there’s a definite drop.

3 Likes

Good thing no one wants to create a bonsai!

1 Like