Favorite Host Segment

The 2 that come to mind is the Opening to zombie nightmare with the bots protecting Mike from a unknown threat. Servo’s head flying off gets me every time.

Otherwise the Bold BBQ sauce skit gets me also

5 Likes

That was literally the first one that came to my mind.

I also love the Deep 13 Dinosaur BBQ, Idiot Control Now, and Where oh Werewolf.

5 Likes

Was literally coming to post this.

12 Likes

I cannot remember the episode, but where they find the monster attached to the ship, then cook it and eat it and talk about its “piquant aftertaste”. I find myself using that line a lot!

5 Likes

When loving lovers loooooooove. (Wait, is that considered a host segment or a mads segment?)

Creeepy girl from Catalina caper

12 Likes

Ah, yes! Where oh Werewolf is a great one!!

14 Likes

Alright, Mike, I’m just gonna head out now…

4 Likes

Lots of great segments, and lots of great offerings here. My hands-down favorite though, is the cold open for “The Killer Bees”.

“It’s not more broccoli that I want – it’s YOU!”
"Don’t make me shoot you! CROOOOOOWWWWWWW!’

6 Likes

Mike goes on Trial, from Agent for H.A.R.M.

12 Likes

There’s so much to love in this one from The Magic Voyage of Sinbad:

6 Likes
10 Likes

No doubt it’s the “Mickey Mouse Club” esque Satellite of Love song from the opening of Castle of Fu Manchu. That is joy personified. I show that to all new fans to be like this is why I love this little cowtown puppet show.

Really hope the link works…

8 Likes

This is probably more fitting to an invention exchange thread, but Tragic Moments figurines might be one of the funniest things they ever came up with, with Franks lead in (“In the brilliant words of essayist and secret bigot H.L. Menken…”) to the one sentence descriptions that manage to describe the whole conceit (“This one’s entitled…‘I’ll get it’”) and the brief list of other ones not featured (“Who’s that with mom”). One of the pinacles of dark jokes they ever did, at least in an IE. I’m sure I could think of many other segments/inventions but thats the one that always jumps to mind.

9 Likes

came for this one. leaving satisfied.

4 Likes

Crow as Gene Rayburn and the many contestants of Match Game

9 Likes

Tragic Moments, no contest. The only possible explanation for not choosing it would be if you haven’t seen Being from Another Planet.

Second place, because it’s the definitive expression of Crow - “Welcome to our Murder Mystery Dinner”.

Third place - “Mike Nelson IS Lord of the Dance!”

7 Likes

Hands down, the sketch from Eegah where J&TB discuss the nature of hell.

5 Likes

Two words for me: demon dogs.

6 Likes

I really like Concepts too! Wonder how many takes it took to get that insane song right

7 Likes

Back in the old days, I was clicking through channels and came across a little red robot singing a love song to a turtle. The lovely dulcet tones, Crow joining in for a verse, Joel’s reactions and the glitter, oh the glitter. I was hooked forever. Oh Tibby!

“It isn’t their fault! Crow, you take everything good and–! You rip my heart out!!! “

5 Likes