Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 6 - August 2022 (Not-So-Superhero Month)

I have always had a soft spot for Fugitive Alien, especially part 2.

But come on! :star_struck: It’s a bootblack, hunting chicken people who have not yet invented underwear. And their weapons are USELESS against him!

6 Likes

Ha! The two I favor are on the bottom. Now I know what it is to be SandyFrank (on most polls).

3 Likes

I’m watching Invasion of the Neptune Men and oh, boy, it’s dull.

Tom has it right: “Oh, you want a song about stock footage? Bum-ba-dum-bum-bum! EAT IT, MOVIE!

7 Likes

Let Dennis Miller do Dennis Miller.

Demi Moore Smile GIF by Warner Archive

2 Likes

Makes Attack of the The Eye Creatures seem downright lively.

6 Likes

To be fair, the show DID get picked up. It was just called “The Master”. I know, since I remember watching it way back when. Though it did not get more than one season and even to my young eyes it was clear that this was BAD.

3 Likes

I have it on BluRay, so bad it’s good

2 Likes

Master Ninja I is my favorite episode of MST3K. They get rolling on some perfect riff runs that always crack me up; it’s like a song, the rhythm of it.

3 Likes

The seemingly endless spaceship dogfight sequence is soul-crushing. I get the feeling that the American distributors recut that to make it longer, because there’s so much footage re-use. But I’d have to sit through the original Japanese edit to be sure.

2 Likes

They told you. The world championship. Why do you need to complicate things needlessly?

6 Likes

Season 5 gets my vote every time. :bat:

Edit: Although I got the idea from a different voter! Because I’m cheating. …Thank you.

5 Likes

You just made an “eat” out of “c” and “h.”

5 Likes

Hm - as of Aug 2 not a single vote for Neptune Men. So far its tracking pretty close to my overall assessments. Its interesting how a IotNM and Prince of Space are essentially the same movie but PoS is so much better liked despite being so much stupider on about every level. The silly chicken men. The overweight Krankor. The ballet slender Prince. The annoying kids. The hapless professors. Everything about PoS just says that it should have been worse than the more serious NM … but its the opposite.

4 Likes

They hang a lampshade right on this in the late-episode sketch featuring Bill Corbett as Krankor.

7 Likes

We certainly pulled the wool over their eyes. They ran like fools!

5 Likes

Bill as Krankor is magical.

It must have taken incredible, almost superhuman restraint to limit the character’s appearance to two episodes.

9 Likes

I love love love the pre-opening-credits bonus for Vault Pick…

5 Likes

The Wild, Wild World of Batwoman is soooooo bad of a movie, but it’s still a good MST episode. HOWEVER, that scene where they have the one girl abducted…her “wailing/crying” is UTTERLY UNLISTENABLE. “Give her another happy pill, will ya!” Hoo boy, some rough stuff right there!!

2 Likes

“He tried to kill me with a forklift”

Fugitive Alien is a favorite in my house. My daughter and I end up singing the song for days.

7 Likes

I had forgotten that Prince of Space has my all-time favorite host segment - ‘I’m about 3 seconds ahead of you.’

Pure genius.

11 Likes