Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 9 - November 2022 ("Nothing As It Seems" Month)

Can’t we just get beyond Fury Road?

3 Likes

mad-max-fury-road-thumbs-up

5 Likes

tina turner aunty entity GIF

2 Likes

Thing #3: A Gizmoblip based completely on David Fincher’s The Game.

LOVE. THAT. MOVIE.

5 Likes

I had to go for Village of the Giants as the most pleasantly goofy of the lot. A good accumulation of B-movie regulars, with Beau Bridges and Ronny Howard to boot. So much fodder for riffing.

6 Likes

It also has the Beau Brummels- the Beau Bridges Brummels- the Beau Brummel Bridges of Madison County!

4 Likes

With their hit song, “Woman Woman Woman Woman!”

4 Likes

BCAW!!!

3 Likes

Five episodes I’ll have no trouble enjoying, plus Rocket Attack U.S.A. Though it’s been a while since I’ve really watched that one, so maybe it’ll surprise me.

Nah.

Anyway, I voted for Monster A-Go Go. All criticisms of the movie are perfectly valid. But Joel and the 'Bots make such great chicken salad out of this pile of chicken manure. Plus, two classic host segments with “I don’t get you” and the breakdown of The Ballad Of Rick And Julie (a.k.a “Escape (The Pina Colada Song)”).

As of this typing I haven’t watched any of the Vault Picks yet, so I can only hope we get the Turkey Day host segments with Night Of The Blood Beast, even if they’re strung together after the episode. Likely? Probably not. But a boy can dream.

3 Likes

I like all of these, even Rocket - though the riffing ebbs and flows in that one, there are some killers in there, the sketches are superb (The McCarthy hearings is a classic) and it features the birth of the stinger!

My Favorite 3? Giants is in my top 50, Go Go is in the top 25, while Blood Beast comes in 5th in my top 10… so the Steves take it!

5 Likes

Yes, that’s an all-time great host segment.

3 Likes

It is more of an Atlas thing, but you think what you want…

4 Likes

Sir, I’ll have you know that Atlas was NOT in Mad Max: Fury Road. Trust me, I checked the IMDB credits three times.

I’M KIDDING

i checked the IMDB credits just once

6 Likes

No, we CANNOT get beyond Thunderdome, because then I wouldn’t be able to tell you that the guy who played Master in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome also played Toby in Season 1’s The Corpse Vanishes!

5 Likes

Yes, but then you can’t tell us who run Bartertown.

3 Likes

End Embargo.

Angelo Rossitto also played Angeleno in Freaks, was a Munchkin in The Wizard of Oz and was one of the people in costume on the Sid & Marty Krofft shows in the 70’s.

3 Likes

Reviewing Bloodlust, I was reminded of this short-but-excellent segment!

8 Likes

That’s one of my very favorite host segments. I’ve said this before, but if you want to explain Crow to someone in 30 seconds, just show them that segment.

6 Likes

Monster A-Go-Go “select segment” bumpers made me laugh so hard I cried. Way to go!!! :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks for adding the Penn opening… Nice addition to VPs. :grinning:

4 Likes