Favorite single riff? (or favorite few because Bob knows I can't narrow it down to just one)

From ‘The Unearthly’ - as Tor Johnson is dealing with a casket:

Tom Servo [as Tor]: Tisket, tasket, green-yellow casket.
beat
Pun!

Kevin’s delivery is so perfect.

5 Likes

Like a rock! :notes:

5 Likes

Totally! It’s mostly Tom but I think all of them occasionally do an “Aaaaaaaave Mariiiiiiaaaaaaa!” when they see something with its mouth wide open like that. :smiley:

7 Likes

No explanation for why, it just struck me the right way. From Yongary: “Guess who’s dressed like your graaaandma!”

7 Likes

“Peter must be walking around denying everyone this morning” - Tom Servo in Jack Frost after hearing roosters crowing

I remember when I first heard that line I just lost it. I think because so much TV comedy was predictable and dumb, and here are these guys pulling out a clever quip like that, that I totally didn’t see coming.

I also adore Joel’s, “Tommy’s the Lathe of Heaven!” from Appreciating Your Parents.

9 Likes

A contender would have to be Servo’s reaction to the Monster a Go-Go narrator’s claim that the impossibly small space capsule (CAPSULE!) onscreen sent Frank Douglas into space.

Servo: Douglas was pear-shaped, very short, and stood the whole way!

10 Likes

CORNJOB?!?! from Gamera vs. Guiron
My kids love this movie! They call it the knife head gamera movie and beg to watch the mst3k version

9 Likes

I really like the small callbacks like, “Stately Wayne Manor”.

However, as a single riff, I find myself doing “Pantyhose are itchy. Pantyhose are itchy. Itchy itchy itchy,” from Space Mutiny a lot around the house.

9 Likes

I really love when they do the squeaking noise when someone is cleaning their glasses. Gets me every time!

15 Likes

Flashback to Da Nang:

12 Likes

From First Spaceship On Venus:

“This is the day the teddy bears fly to Venus.”

7 Likes

“I’m sitting in something wet.”

5 Likes

My favorite is from the short “A Day At The Fair” with the foal and Crow says,“oop, sorry dad”

No idea why, but it makes me laugh every time.

8 Likes

Next week on Mitchell: The Cloverleaf!

6 Likes

The line from The Corpse Vanishes “Geez, Tony. You shot a midget. I hope you can sleep at night.” always gets me. The poor guy not only gets shot in the back, but his master just kicks him to the ground to make his getaway. Definitely was not expecting to hear that in the scene my first time seeing this episode.

5 Likes

A few from The Movie:

“>crunch< Four-eighty-five, sir.”

“Where can I empty my hat?”

“o/ Normal view… normal view… normal viewNORMAL VIEWWWW! o/”

7 Likes

Hmm, there are so many good ones and when one considers the options and weighs them against other possibilities it’s difficult to-

SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

10 Likes

“…Shoot. I’m in Canada.”

5 Likes

Future War:
(Chimes Playing in the background during the bomb planting scene)

Mike: “Well, according the bells… it’s 97 o’Clock!”

4 Likes

From Boggy Creek II: The Legend Continues (my favorite episode):

“Please don’t be splayed.”

3 Likes