Favorite Version of the Love Theme?

Despite not rewatching Season 7 much, I rather like the filtering applied to Mike’s doubled-tracked voice in 7’s theme, very (19)60’s. They all slap in one way or another. Season 13’s is a different vibe, but feels like a hug with all the fabulous epsiodes this year attatched to it, it’s just downright fun.

Back in the BringBackMST3K kickstarter & unofficial Club MST3K days of 2016 I had a minute of fun syncing the original CC/SciFi season themes together, since they all were made using the same KTMA-era basic tracks.
It’s kinda neat to notice how some of the reused shots gradually degrade in quality upon each re-edit/tape copying over the seasons, the planet logo in Season 7 compared to 1 in particular.

(Fun fact, I no longer have access to this old “buttonfrank” account, while I can still log in, some Google/YouTube shenanigans that switched how channels are linked to overall Google acounts made it disappear at some point a couple years ago, I still recieve the rare email update about the channel despite it bizarrely not being accessible anymore, lol!)

4 Likes

Joel’s theme for seasons 2-5.5 is by far my favorite. Pure nostalgia, along with it just sounding better (to me).

4 Likes

Something I’ve always enjoyed about the Comedy Central Mike era intro is that moment when Crow suddenly darts this look straight at you. Always gets a smile or chuckle out of me!

4 Likes

But… Joel only knows the lyrics to Mike’s theme!!! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Never noticed until your pic that Tom is looking at us too.

5 Likes

Well, he is different

3 Likes