Feast your eyes upon TONIGHT'S LIVE WATCHALONG of THE MILLION EYES OF SUMURU! This is YOUR OPEN THREAD for a LIVE WATCHALONG with the MST3K writers! Join us at 8PM EST, won't you?

Join us!!!

3 Likes

I missed the original debut of this episode on the Gizmoplex. It will be fun to go back to actually “watch” it along with my fellow MSTies.

1 Like

The dozen music prizes of Sipho Mchunu

2 Likes

I love it!!!

1 Like

Some trivia: Sumuru was created by Sax Rohmer, the creator of Fu Manchu. He basically took his whole concept of an evil genius seeking to conquer the world and recycled it.

Sumuru first appeared as a radio serial on the BBC and then in five novels released between 1950 to 1956.

2 Likes

Rumors that his very favorite actor was John Agar, while plausible, have never been substantiated though.

2 Likes

There’s a 99% chance I’m going to fall asleep
Its been a long old work week

But i have missed these

4 Likes

Is John Agar the opposite of Jenny Agutter?

1 Like

Hey I don’t wanna spam all the topics but I got a little worried that this will get lost as everyone moves into this thread. So I will mention it here ONCE – a chance to do something nice for a MSTie.

Mods if you want me to remove this post I certainly will.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Operators are standing by!

4 Likes

I need to go visit the porch of many fragrances, brb.

1 Like

Sax Rohmer’s other creation Fu Manchu hasn’t appeared in any movies since 1980. The last one was The Fiendish Plot of Fu Manchu which was actually a parody.

That was also the final film of legendary comic actor Peter Sellers, whom I remember more as Inspector Clouseau from the Pink Panther movies. The film was released just after his death. His second-to-last film of his career Being There was the last film released during Sellers’ own lifetime.

3 Likes

… surgically enhanced Frankie Avalon?

3 Likes

He’s John Agar. He’s not John Thegar.

5 Likes

The indefinite article, you might say.

3 Likes

If his favorite actor is John Agar, he clearly has…

loweredexpectations

3 Likes

Agarn!

3 Likes

Is that like Friends in low places?

3 Likes

Ten Minutes!

3 Likes