Forgotten, obscure, and just plain bizarre cameos

Every time I watch it, I’m like “oh yeah, Chris Isaak is in this movie.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

As well as this guy in his last role.

richard pryor comedian GIF

Worth noting another Lynch cameo from some Asahi loving guy.

3 Likes

Stan Lee’s cameo in Teen Titans Go to the Movies was kind of brilliant.

2 Likes

Cameoed in this Demme movie as well.

2 Likes

To tie Demme back into everything, we’d see Jonathan Demme in a bit part (har) in The Incredible Melting Man.

Not sure if that could technically be counted as a cameo, but… there ya go!

3 Likes

In addition to being a generally great movie, SotL is a treasure-trove of excellent cameos.

4 Likes

For real. Just an embarrassment of riches all around the way.

2 Likes

I was (very) tangentially involved in a Jonathan Demme film and got to meet him at the premiere. That, plus what I heard from people closer to the action, made it seem like he was a truly nice guy.

2 Likes

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Most impressive! Glad you to got meet him!

Yeah, based off of what little I’ve seen him, he came across as a nice guy who didn’t operate on ego or buy his own press… which is refreshing in the showbiz sphere.

3 Likes

And Charles Napier! (It feels like a cameo even if it’s exactly the sort of role he would’ve gotten anyway.)

4 Likes
2 Likes

Fairly sure not a true cameo, since I recall seeing his name in the credits, but Paul Reubens (aka Pee-wee Herman!) as a background waiter at Chez Paul in The Blues Brothers.

It cannot be unseen! His dramatic abilities perhaps had not fully matured at the time of filming.

2 Likes

Same year and studio as well.

1 Like

I can’t decide if Betty White, or Fran Drescher were better surprises on Who’s The Boss?
(I don’t know if the links will work outside of Canada, but worth a try!)

1 Like

It’s not a cameo but it is kind of a “whoa” moment. In Above and Beyond, a 2014 documentary about the beginnings of Israeli Air Force, Paul Reubens shows up (sorta sheepishly) because his father was one of the first fighter pilots!

2 Likes

Arnold Vosloo in Gor still blows my mind.

2 Likes

Until it happens, I always forget Peter Jackson is the Santa who stabs Simon Pegg’s character.

5 Likes

Fun fact: The stabbing was unrelated to the shoot, Jackson had just snapped. But it fit so well, they kept it in.

1 Like

Is it a cameo if you’re not famous yet when it happens?

2 Likes