Friday May 13th: A Tribute to... HOBGOBLINS

I was checking out the offerings in the Gizmoplex today, and it looks like after a replay of the Manos tribute on May 11th and the premiere of the Future War tribute on May 12th, we’re getting a tribute to Hobgoblins on the 13th!

How cool is that?

And what ARE we gonna do with those Hobgoblins? [canned studio laughter and applause]

14 Likes

Side note: LOVING the art on these tickets!

12 Likes

Oh heck yeah, a tribute to Hobgoblins on Friday the 13th, perfect. I wonder what they’re going to do for that.

10 Likes

One of the bits in this show that always gets a laugh out of me is in Hobgoblins. Right before Pearl even announces the movie, Bobo screams in horror. Also very fitting that it’s on Friday the 13th.

12 Likes

I’m actually a little disappointed that they picked Hobgoblins, because they already did a watch-along during the Kickstarter fundraising period. I would have preferred they pick an episode they hadn’t shown recently.

8 Likes

Emily noted during the Kickstarter that this was her favorite episode (which she insists has nothing to do with Bobo being in love with a chimp named Emily). This reassured me more than anything else that she was a good casting choice.

17 Likes

They are nifty.

You should share those here…

6 Likes

Everyone just remember: no squeezing juiceboxes on Gramma Pearl’s couch!

7 Likes

mst3k907THEmovie

TOO LATE :frowning:

6 Likes

mst3k907couch

That dawning moment of horror is EVERYTHING.

9 Likes

Just like Manos, you can tell the crew knew they had something beyond their usual level of bad here, with stuff like the film being in a toxic waste container, Bobo screaming during the announcement, and the bots trying to run during the opening credits.

9 Likes

“You can see my legs! You can see my legs!”

6 Likes

Very much so! They knew they had something next-level horrible at the ready and weren’t shy about parading that.

mst3k323moviesmoke

It’s along the lines of what they did for The Castle of Fu Manchu, and it was well-deserved, considering.

7 Likes

Same here. Hasn’t been in my rotation much since I saw the livestream, as that just added so much more to the movie for me. Ah well, won’t complain, any mst3k is better than no mst3k.

6 Likes

One of us! One of us!

5 Likes

Also, the crow segment on women featuring a silhouette suspiciously similar to Emily’s :thinking:

5 Likes

I remember the first time seeing that one, knowing nothing about it, watching the elaborate build up.

And then that feeling of “Oh, this absolutely lived up to the hype.”

8 Likes

SO MUCH

Like, the Mads tried to hype up Radar Secret Service with the Hypno-Helio-Static-Stasis (containing X-4), even bringing in the mention of Deep Hurting to do so, but… the movie didn’t seem THAT punishing? Granted, that may have had something to do with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with patented Hinder 90).

But yeah, Pearl and her crew were right to hype that as THE movie, because yowza.

6 Likes

I genuinely like radar secret service as a movie for some reason. Still not entirely sure what happens at the end but the first 40 mins or so seems good lol.

7 Likes

Yeah, the concluding bit is a massive soup of similiarly dressed folks (who are the goons, who are the good guys?), but the movie’s hokey fun.

[Don’t tell anyone who hates Sid Melton.]

4 Likes