Give 'em a cheer while they're still here!

We’ve been talking about her in another thread, so a shout out to Melanie, 76 years old this year.

She’s living in Nashville now. It doesn’t look like she tours anymore, but she did put on a 75th birthday concert online last year.

5 Likes

Pat Sajak’s 41st season on primetime Wheel of Fortune will be his last:

3 Likes

I’ll take the ceramic dog and put the rest on account

2 Likes

Wheel of Fortune doesn’t let you ‘buy’ stuff from a showcase anymore. Boo.

3 Likes

Carole King is still a natural woman at 81.

7 Likes

A very happy 80th birthday to Barry Manilow!

7 Likes

Oh, if nobody’s mentioned yet, John Astin - the “other” Riddler, is still with us :heart:
Riddler

12 Likes

Several times, actually. We all love John Astin!

8 Likes

Frank “In Every Cartoon Ever” Welker is 77.

Seriously though, almost 900 IMDB credits.

10 Likes

Martin Scorsese, arguably the greatest living filmmaker, is still showin’ these whippersnappers how it’s done at 80.

11 Likes

For years if you heard an animal in something there was a good chance it was him.

4 Likes

I would say he could relax and do something akin to David Letterman, but the last time he tried out the talk show thing — it didn’t go well.

3 Likes

Or Don Messick…

4 Likes

I loved him as Gomez.
Literally fell in love with him, when I was 4. All I knew is that I wanted to watch him over, and over, and over.
The Riddler was a great role, for him, but (There’s always a but.), I absolutely adore him in Night Court, as Buddy Ryan.
One of my favorite random quotes to interject in almost any conversation is, “But, I’m feeling much better, now.” (IYKYK)
I seriously hope that he gets at least a cameo in the reboot.
The world needs more Buddy.

9 Likes

Born June 21, 1935.

Making him 88 years old today!

Let’s all wish a hearty Happy Birthday to the one and only, Mr. Monte Markham!

4 Likes

3/4 of a century old as of now.

kevin kline fish GIF by FilmStruck

3 Likes

Also celebrating a birthday today, Joe Flaherty, born in 1941!

Best known for his work on SCTV, he’s also appeared in Sesame Street Presents Follow That Bird, Back To The Future Part II, Happy Gilmore, and many other films and TV shows.

8 Likes

I was saddened to read this news about Jack Hanna today. I always enjoyed his guest appearances on the old Letterman show. He certainly deserves a cheer as well as thoughts and prayers.

8 Likes

:sob:

3 Likes

Bummer. I loved how much he would freak out Letterman with them crazy animals

3 Likes