Give 'em a cheer while they're still here!

That’s too bad, a shame he’s going through that. He was a lot of fun on Letterman.

Seeing his name made me think of Joan Embry, who was a regular on the Tonight Show, and I see she’s still with us at age 71.

OIP

6 Likes

Has anyone seen him in The Wrong Guy, a parody of Hitchcock wrong man movies? It’s so great and he’s great in it as a bank owner who is going to be foreclosed on by an evil farmer.

1 Like

Never seen that, but I have seen Disney’s Home On The Range, which is arguably the WORST film in the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon, but he’s in it, and his stuff is pretty good.

1 Like

A very happy birthday to possibly my favorite movie star of all time

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/1671887061769666561

8 Likes

So THAT’S why Army Of Darkness was today’s movie over on the “Framed” movie guessing game.

Another birthday today- Todd Rundgren turns 75 today. We went to the same high school.

… Not at the same time, obviously.

4 Likes

Mark Mothersbaugh, musical wunderkind and pretty good fish artist.

6 Likes

85 and 76 years old.

90 years old.

I’m not saying what they have in common is the reason, but it sure didn’t hurt.

9 Likes

Clive Powell, better known as Georgie Fame, was born 80 years ago today. Here in the USA, he was pretty much a two-hit wonder. Here they are:

He also had the rare treat of being the subject of this song by another musical legend, Blossom Dearie:

2 Likes

terryfunkroadhouse

Terry Funk, professional wrestler and star of the major motion picture Road House, turns 79 today!

3 Likes

Here’s The Funker in a Wendy’s commercial-

2 Likes

I’m kicking myself for not posting this earlier, because she’s been such a big part of my life, from Mary Poppins to Victor, Victoria. A promoter of literacy, an angelic voice and a stout backbone, I give you Dame Julie Andrews.

8 Likes

Not to mention author!

1 Like

“Just say the magic words… Julie Andrews!”

3 Likes

Turning 70 this year.
Merry Christmas GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 Likes

Shut up! She is not!

3 Likes

How me and others feel about 65 year old…
Michelle Pfeiffer Batman GIF

4 Likes

Happy 92nd birthday to Leslie Caron, star of Gigi, The L-Shaped Room, An American in Paris and more…

6 Likes

Leslie Caron was so weak and thin from the malnutrition she suffered in Europe during the war that she could only work every other day when filming An American in Paris. Of course, since Gene Kelly was a supreme dickweed of the highest order, he berated her for it the entire time.

1 Like

The first movie I saw with her was Father Goose, with Cary Grant. That was a staple of my growing up.

2 Likes

He did that to Debbie Reynolds while filming Singin’ In the Rain too. She only stuck it out because Donald O’Connor was very nice to her.

Gene Kelly seems to have had a problem with women.

3 Likes