Give 'em a cheer while they're still here!

On a different forum we tried to figure out what the oldest TV show was that still had all of its main cast members living.

I think we settled on The Love Boat but since then Gavin MacLeod has died.

ETA: I think the answer might be ChiPs, which actually debuted 9 days before Love Boat.

4 Likes

I would think it would be a show with a very small cast.

1 Like

With CHiPs it’s not just the two leads, but all the supporting cast members as well who are still around. Including Worf and Caitlyn Jenner!

2 Likes

Speaking of Worf, guess who’s 82?

12 Likes

Clicking through my brain, I’m pretty sure Law & Order (original flavor) has only lost 5 main cast members (Sorvino, Orbach, Hill, Thompson, Farina). Not bad for a show that started in 1990 and has featured about 39,905 actors. :laughing:

2 Likes

Sam Waterston is still with us at 82. And if you include the spinoffs, Richard Belzer is 78.

4 Likes

Also, she isn’t old, but the goth lady from NCIS is 53, which is kind of weird.

1 Like

Jorma (82) and Jack (78) are still rocking. Their online shows during covid lockdown helped lots of us stay sane!

2 Likes

DeNiro is 79. Pacino is 82. Joe Pesci is 79. Just too old to stab a guy to death with a pen.

4 Likes

Frank Welker, the voice of cartoons, is 76.

innocent futurama GIF

9 Likes

Pauley Perrette. Three years younger than me, though.

I always found her quite attractive, though I didn’t watch NCIS.

3 Likes

She’s definitely attractive, and I don’t watch it either, but goth at 53 is weird isn’t it? I mean at that level of commitment to the look.

3 Likes

She definitely looks youthful for her age, though makeup and wigs and costuming and good lighting goes a long way too.

Kind of amazing she looks so good considering what a soap opera her real life has been.

2 Likes

And I’m so happy about that. And still rocking it as Jack McCoy!

Sam’s another one I’ve greatly enjoyed over the years…Capricorn One, baby! (And being the human equivalent of Sam the Eagle doesn’t hurt!)

3 Likes

Pauley is still here. Even after a massive stroke a couple of years ago.

3 Likes

The first-generation Goths are in their 50’s now, though I don’t know how many of them still maintain the look. There are a few… one lives in my neighborhood.

3 Likes

I’m five years from fifty but it already feels like maintaining a look like that would take way too much effort.

I guess Ozzy kind of does it, although he’s pre-goth.

1 Like

I don’t think Pauley does it any more either. She left the show several years ago.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I thought she was still on it.

1 Like

Queen Goth Siouxsie still does it, and she’s 65!

siouxsie

4 Likes