Gizmoplex International Question

I have a question I couldn’t find the answer to anywhere else: does anyone know if the Gizmoplex is accessible outside the USA? I have the three month backer subscription but this summer we are moving back overseas. Before I decide if I want to purchase the remaining months of the year, it’d be helpful to know if I can actually watch episodes abroad (specifically in Turkey and then Malaysia) or if there are rights issues that means this is a US only thing. I know that most international Netflix don’t carry the two Netflix seasons, but that may be because the humour doesn’t translate. Anyone know the answer here?

1 Like

I know there are folks in the UK who have been watching the soft launch episodes, so I don’t think it’s geo-blocked in any way.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching the soft launch from Japan without issue (no VPN), so unless some unexpected, drastic change occurs I think maybe you might possibly be ok …?

3 Likes

Watching ok from ireland here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There was talk of no region-limiting during the kickstarter, but the proof is in the pudding after all. The physical media has definitely been promised as region-free. @ivan is (probably) the right person to answer you about streaming the Gizmoplex around the world.

3 Likes

I’m in Scotland and it works just fine. No VPNs or anything.

5 Likes

VHX went all strange back in February and started saying a whole bunch of episodes were not available in my region. I contacted the Kickstarter team and they fixed it in a couple of days.

My understanding from this is that, certainly existing purchases, are region free deliberately and permanently.

4 Likes

My understanding is one reason the Gizmoplex is on the moon, is so all of Earth can receive the signal, region free.

I can confirm the Northern Lights do not interfere and that it works great in Canada.

6 Likes