Great Usernames Appreciation Society [GUAS]

Which ones tickled you, made slap your forehead because you didn’t think of them, or spray coffee on the screen? Honor the creative geniuses among us by tagging ‘em here.

Limit 3. Keep it classy—no self-nomination please…

I’m very fond of…

@SandyFrank
@GypsyLovesScissors
@ArtCrow

Disclaimer: All usernames are created equal. Each is a unique and beautiful expression of its owner. All are valued and perfect and any attempt to say otherwise is a dirty lie.

20 Likes

Actually, I rather like yours. It’s an awesome nerdy reference combined with a dad joke. As a nerd and a dad, I wholeheartedly approve!

13 Likes

Thanks @Pantalones! I was aiming for “tipsy uncle” level. But I knew the competition would be inspired and fierce.

I wasn’t trolling for recognition or anything. Honestly! I just wanted to highlight forum excellence where I find it. Won’t you? Thank you.

7 Likes

I agree, SandyFrank is great especially when coupled to that avatar. And LowKeeba is an immediate classic.

I’d have to go (re)read the stories behind the names as there are some I don’t understand and a few I might be misinterpreting, but of those related to MST

@TheBindingPolymer - for the history behind it.

@Eat - because it’s hilarious (both the name and the image)

@optiMSTie - because it’s an upbeat, positive name (and a nice counter to my usually gloomy demeanor… seriously, my sister used to call me Eeyore… saaaaay, now that would have been a great screenname for me!)

12 Likes

Great choices all!

BTW You’re username is uber-cool. That movie is one of the greats and a favorite.

Perfect Eeyore movie too—it goes from bad to worse to…:scream:!

4 Likes

Oh, and I didn’t mean to slight the others mentioned, ArtCrow and GyspyLovesScissors (with that amusing picture to go along with the name) are both winners. And I’m not just saying that to be nice.

4 Likes

@perfectfaceforradio makes me smile, and so does the name :laughing:

Seriously, it’s a great old school joke. Plus, the first job and career my father began after returning from the Vietnam War was radio. He worked at the local AM station and various small market stations for 13 years.

9 Likes

Two of my choices are referencing favorite recurring riffs - @McCloud and @NotMerrittStone. McCloud also gets a great riff on Cinematic Titanic in The Alien Factor.

I like @JakeGittes too, good references, good avatar, and it helps that he’s a great poster.

There are a lot of great usernames here, especially those paired with clever avatar choices. And the pun names like Lowkeeba and Akira_Kurojawa are fun!

PS - Thanks for the love in return. :hugs:

10 Likes

@lowkeeba @JakeGittes That’s very nice of you! Appreciated.

5 Likes

@ArtCrow Pearl calling Crow “Art” is a favorite running gag of mine.

10 Likes

And then when Trace’s character on Other Space was named A.R.T.—I just wanted to know who put that joke in there.

other_space.art

8 Likes

My favorite thing about that is that it started seasons earlier when a letter from a child addressed Crow as Art.

11 Likes

Exactly. I imagined the child just labeling the draw itself as Art (as in “this is a piece of art”), and the proximity of the word to Crow engendered the connection. But very possibly the child really thought Crow was named Art. The not-knowing is the fun part.

6 Likes

I think @optiMSTie has a great username

7 Likes

And the lore goes even deeper since it started in a host segment in Jungle Goddess.

It’s one of the reasons why it’s one of my all-time favorite running gags. It’s so layered and nerdy explain fully.

(Top reason is that it’s just so cute whenever Pearl said it!)

10 Likes

That’s right, I recall that now. It’s where they were doing the sitcom and Joel announced Crow as Art Crow (instead of Carney) from The Honeymooners. I remember now also thinking that the kid may have seen that episode and thought Crow’s first name was Art from that. The whole thing is so woven into the fabric of MST3K now, it’s part of the charm.

7 Likes

If that precious child was a fan then—maybe she is still a fan and could even be here with us now!

Is this your drawing? Are you Shannon, age four?

If so, please let us know!

The Giant Gila Monster episode aired in 1992. Which would make Shannon, uh…let’s see…carry the four…something like 33 today. #FindShannon

16 Likes

I’ll call the milk people. #FindShannon

6 Likes

@Lowkeeba and @McCloud are probably my favorites. Definitely helps that they post a lot so I see them often.

@SandyFrank is also really great.

9 Likes

Oh wow thank you so much! I think it goes without saying that praise from @SandyFrank is high praise indeed. After all, they control the forklift.

6 Likes