Question for the hive

Like all of you, I quote mst3k jokes. My wife knew lines from Mitchell and Space Mutiny long before she ever saw them. But, there’s one that gets quoted that I can’t remember what movie it’s from.

I remember there’s a younger woman and she’s talking to some a young man, saying FRESH!?! (pronounced fraesh in this). What movie is this from? It’s making me crazy. please help.

5 Likes

“Fraesh” sounds like the old lady from The Thing That Couldn’t Die but since you said younger woman :woman_shrugging: Any other clues, like do you know if the movie was black & white or color? Any other context?

4 Likes

I believe there’s a moment like that in Eegah.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought about Eegah and watched it last week, didn’t hear it but I could’ve missed it.

2 Likes

I think black and white ?

My memory isn’t very clear, could be an old woman… I’ll watch The Thing and see.

3 Likes

I think it might be from Manos, when one of the brides tongues Mike and then wuss slaps him.

3 Likes

This was the first one that jumped to memory for me, too.

2 Likes

The Thing That Couldn’t Die sounds viable, but also perhaps Gamera vs. Guiron: one of the brain-eating alien women? “Fraesh” sounds very much like something they’d say.

4 Likes

Well I watched all through these suggestions and nothing has come up. Thank you for the help. The hunt continues …

2 Likes

one of the Gameras feels like it would be right. I swear it is GvG too.

2 Likes

it HAS to be connected to those midwestern-sounding Guiron groupies.

1 Like

For some reason I want to think it’s in The Girl In Lovers Lane, but probably not. I suspect I’m just thinking of the twang in the voice of the Marilyn Monroe-esque gal.