Has anyone tried watching the whole series in a year?

The Twitch stream and Pluto TV really helped my sanity through the whole thing. Of course, now the Twitch stream’s down in my country and left me with the much more limited Pluto episodes. Having to actively choose an episode to watch isn’t the same as just watching whatever comes on next.

2 Likes

I did that in 2020, during the height of the pandemic. I was on a week on/week off schedule at work at the time and passed my days on the week off watching through all the episodes available (including KTMA) in order. I finished it up in about… I wanna say six months?

2 Likes

I also went through the entirety of the national level episodes at the rate of one a day from July 2020 to January 2021. The results are slowly being posted on Mutant Reviewers From Hell under the title The MST3K Journal.

Cult TV – Mutant Reviewers (mutantreviewersmovies.com)

1 Like

I’ve done it but it took me over a year, I suppose if you made sure you watched one episode every day you could do it, but some days you want to watch something else. Also pretty sure I watched “Mighty Jack” at least three times in that watch through because I could never remember actually watching it…

2 Likes

I kind of like always having some to watch. I’ve seen lots of it, but I think I would be sad on the day I’ve seen all of it.

3 Likes

I felt something like that when I got some bootleg DVDs and completed my watch of all things MST3K (well, before that Kickstarter campaign would change everything). It was akin to being reluctant to finish a really good novel, because you didn’t want to be through with that immersive environment.

How I rationalized that completion? I thought that conversations about the show - online and otherwise - would keep the subject matter fresh, that even if all the episodes were viewed, there would always be some new angle or new aspect or new element to be explored, discussed, analyzed, and enjoyed.

Even in completion, it always feels like MST3K is like a live wire, never running out of some kind of power.

3 Likes

Caught most of the series when they used to air reruns on Comedy Central every weeknight at 11 PM or 12 AM for awhile in the mid-90s.

3 Likes

It took me two years to watch all the episodes. After that I’ve randomly watch depending on my mood. Typically, I average one to four episodes per month but I work a lot of overtime.

1 Like

In 2016 I watched MST3K in the chronological order of the years the movies themselves were made/came out. That took me almost the entire year, though not every episode was available. Most were. I watched Melting Man host segments only, and I skipped Squirm even though I have watched that occasionally. I haven’t watched it since then, I’m overdue. The wormy scenes are creepy, and the sheriff is so aggravating that it sometimes ruins the viewing experience. The marathon was a lot of fun to do. As always, YouTube was a big help (mostly).

3 Likes

Did it and included the newer stuff. Was my first time see them. How long to wait to do it again?

2 Likes