MST3K YEAR END MARATHON WHICH HAS MORPHED INTO THE FOREVER MARATHON WATCH ALONG DISCUSSION

Unfortunately this Marathon I believe is only available on the Mst3k YouTube channel and Twitch.

Not really an unofficial official unofficial watch along but figured I would post the topic for anyone who wanted to jump on to YouTube watch the marathon and or post some comments no biggie one way or the other.

Here’s a link to the mst3k YouTube channel end of the year 2023 Marathon:

Wooooooo!!!

5 Likes

I’ve been watching. It seems like the channel has been showing up in my algorithm again.

2 Likes

I love having this on while I’m puttering at my desk, working on a picture. Takes me back to the days of yore and staying up late with Comedy Central while I did much the same thing, though “analog” and not digital.

6 Likes

Just like you I have kept this on in the background and simply swimming in nostalgia for the days past watching comedy Central.

2 Likes

I love that they’ve been spicing it up with episodes of CT, RT, and The Film Crew as well.

8 Likes

Me too it’s been great! It also reminds me to be grateful for all of the watchalongs we have had whether it be for season 13 or all of our unofficial ones that we’ve been having on Fridays which are great!!!

2 Likes

It reminds that I’d love to get more of the Shout Factory collections, though I’ll never be a completist. The problem is that I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford a disc player when this laptop croaks. Given its age, that could be next week but I’m hoping for better.

I’m going to try to pop in but we stupidly invited people over for dinner tomorrow and the house is… not company-ready

by a wide margin

3 Likes

Yes, please try to stop in. This will be my 1st! Guess you can call me a watchalong virgjn
Running to Wawa for some snackage…brb

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just light-headed from the day’s nonsense but their Asimov sketches from S1 are making me giggle a lot. (And no, I’m not high and neither is my dog, if I had a dog… which I don’t.)

4 Likes

It seems the MST3K feed on the various services like Shout Factory is different from the one on YouTube. I don’t have YouTube on my TV, so I’ll wait for the next watchalong.

2 Likes

I like the Shout option except that it sometimes locks or freezes on me for some reason I don’t know. Browser, maybe? :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve got YouTube via Roku so just finding my way around now…

3 Likes

okay I’m seeing people talking in a cave, real early episode, am I in the right place?
Early but with Kevin Murphy

3 Likes

That’s Prehistoric Women but it’s still J.Elvis on board.

(aka Prehistoric Servo. :wink: )

1 Like

Okay I only heard a tiny snippet of Servo, thought it sounded like Murphy but probably mistaken

3 Likes

If I’ve ever seen this one it was only out of the corner of my eye.

1 Like

Unfortunately this Marathon I believe is only available on the Mst3k YouTube channel. Not really an unofficial official unofficial watch along but figured I would post the topic for anyone who wanted to jump on to YouTube watch the marathon and or post some comments no biggie one way or the other.

It was quite awhile before I saw S1, so I might not have known right away that Murphy wasn’t there yet.

3 Likes

I feel like this movie is going to have a lot of Tropes That Need to Die in it

3 Likes