Hearing It Wrong

That would have been a much better song.

3 Likes

Depeche Mode: Master and Servant.

I spent ages thinking it was Master of Sevens.

2 Likes

Years ago, when I listened to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by The Beatles, hereā€™s this one lyric that doesnā€™t sound too bad:
ā€œA girl with kalidescope eyesā€

But my dad told me that it sounded like:
ā€œA girl with colitis go byā€

Donā€™t believe me? Listen to the lyrics, and hear for yourself!

It was so hilarious that I laughed a bit too much afterwards.

5 Likes

I thought they said Fkn fine. Yours is better.

3 Likes

Enyaā€™s Orinoco Flow.

I used to think that the chorus was ā€œSave a whale! Save a whale! Save a whale!ā€

4 Likes

Well, what else could it be? Certainly not something as hacky as ā€œSail away! Sail away! Sail away!ā€

3 Likes

Hereā€™s one just from today. I was listening to my compilation of Disturbed songs (no full album just the songs I like) and ā€œIndestructibleā€ came on. I realized that some of the lyrics I was singing could not possibly be the right ones so I looked them up and I was right. They were wrong.

Here are the real lyrics in the chorus:

Iā€™ll have you know
That Iā€™ve become
Indestructible
Determination that is incorruptible
From the other side
A terror to behold

Iā€™ve been singing

Determination that is incorruptible
From the AMAZON
A terror to behold.

Yeah, no. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a reverse one. In Michael Jacksonā€™s ā€œP.Y.T.ā€ thereā€™s a lyric where he calls the pretty young thing ā€œtenderoniā€ and when I sang it my boss stopped me and said ā€œHang on a minute, thereā€™s no way thatā€™s what he actually says. Is this like the Richard Scary thing again?ā€ This time I got the last laugh because ā€œtenderoniā€ is indeed what he says :joy:

3 Likes

Look, I just want to know why it was so important for Johnny Cash to tell us that his friend was from Sweden.

2 Likes

Admiral Halsey notified me
He had to have a buzz or he couldnā€™t get to sleep.

(I still think that would be the better line.)

1 Like

It was not until Princeā€™s death that I learned that what I thought was ā€œLiving Cometā€ was, in fact, ā€œLittle Red Corvette.ā€ I even knew Prince had a song called ā€œLittle Red Corvetteā€ and assumed it was some other song Iā€™ve never heard. To this day, I still have trouble hearing anything but ā€œLiiii-Ving Co-Met!ā€

2 Likes

2 Likes

About Michael Jacksonā€™s song: Billie Jean, hereā€™s this one lyric:
ā€œThe kid is not my sonā€.
But some people heard it like this:

Yeah, Iā€™m not eatinā€™ dat apple.

1 Like

So many 80s songs I have this problem with.

Ugh, SO MANY bits in this song that I still forget the real words to.
ā€œFor forty days and for forty nights, I was out of sight [correction: the law was on her side], but who can stand when sheā€™s in demand, hurts knees of the land [her schemes and plans]ā€

And thatā€™s just one example :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Aqua sea foam shame

I proceed from shame.

kurt cobain singing GIF

1 Like

Yes! I always thought that was the lyric, but then, when I was looking for it I kept seeing grey. When I looked it up, Seal has apparently refused to say what it means, claiming that there is more than one meaning to songs. Honestly, when artists say something like that, I feel like theyā€™re either lying because they donā€™t want to say (which is their right, I suppose) or else they really donā€™t know either. At least Nirvana admitted that the lyrics didnā€™t always mean anything. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m positive they donā€™t know what it means, they just thought it sounded cool. Sometimes the curtains really are just blue

2 Likes

I wonder whether it means youā€™re getting a kiss from a rose thatā€™s on the grey (whatever that means) or that the rose is going to kiss you on the grey (whatever that means).

Either way, Iā€™m not sure why Baby would want to be compared to it. Eh, itā€™s one of those songs that sounds good if you donā€™t pay attention to the lyrics.

2 Likes

Itā€™s true. I actually like the song, but when I think about it, I wonder what it means.

1 Like