I got to meet Jonah today in my hometown!

The Joe Bob Briggs’ convention came to my hometown of Memphis, TN and one of the headliners was Jonah himself! Well, after seeing Joel and Emily at the live show a few years ago, there was no way I was gonna miss out on this opportunity. I lucked out in getting to meet him just as another couple of fans were leaving. I got to chat with him way longer than I imagined I would be able to! No surprise, he is a super nice, super sweet guy. Got to express my admiration for the show as a whole and he signed my Blu-rays of Seasons 11 and 12. Though I was perfectly willing to pay, he said no worries and signed them for free! He even through in a vinyl record of him covering Weird Al songs. I told him I’m seeing Al when he comes to Graceland in October. Overall, I had an absolutely awesome time and was very happy to meet with a test subject of the Satellite of Love!

49 Likes

Lucky! That is :100:% awesome!

8 Likes

:smiley:

How rad is that? So glad that you got to attend that convention and that you had the opportunity to meet Jonah!

Thanks for sharing all of that here!

4 Likes

Awesome! It even looks like you’re doing a better cosplay of Jonah in MST3K than Jonah himself! :smile:

13 Likes
7 Likes

Great story! Thank you for sharing. :smiley:

2 Likes

I like how he let you wear his glasses.

9 Likes

Jonah is there twice! AAAAH! HE’S EVERYWHERE! HE’S EVERYWHERE!

9 Likes

Super cool! Fellow local and it was absolutely wild that Jonah came to Memphis. (I’ll be at that same Weird Al concert in October)

Here’s a pic I took of Jonah from Saturday night

15 Likes

I was at the same con and also got to meet him. The story about Munchie at the q&a was so fascinating and funny.

11 Likes

Very awesome stuff! LOVE the hell out of that Romero shirt of his. Jonah knows what’s up.

Thanks so much for sharing that!

5 Likes

That’s so freaking awesome! :smiley: Really glad you got to meet Jonah and have a good time of it all.

Also also, welcome aboard the forums, @Nasaboy87!

2 Likes

This was posted this on Reddit too and someone pointed out that the picture of Jonah on the right looks like what happened when you combined the two other people.

1 Like

Does the show’s whole effects budget go to the CGI for making Jonah’s head appear far rounder on screen than it actually is?

2 Likes

From what I heard is that he has lost some weight since filming wrapped.

4 Likes

No wonder why Jonah looks so different.

2 Likes

More importantly…there is a Joe Bob Briggs Convention??? I have to look this up RIGHT NOW!

1 Like

That’s so cool! And, you’re going to love seeing Weird Al. He’s a great performer live. :relaxed:

1 Like

That’s awesome, Dude!

2 Likes