I think to myself "it's just a show" but I SIMPLY can't relax!

But maybe someone has a tape recorder?

Mystery Science Podcast 3000???

5 Likes

I’ve always had a bit of a problem with the “200th episode” sketch at the end of The Time Travelers because it implies that Kinga knows about the KTMA series. My headcanon is that KTMA exists as an alternate universe. Kinga knows about it because she has technology similar to what her dad used in Last Of The Wild Horses. She ultimately used that knowledge to boost her family’s numbers and make the overall experiment sound slightly more impressive.

5 Likes

:open_mouth: our beautiful Satellite o’Love?!

1 Like

I mean “filled with” junk. Not that it IS junk. The Mads don’t really care about it(hence why they allow the test subject to live there), and The Sidekicks probably uses the Umbillicus to dispose of all sorts of nonsense they can’t be bothered to actually deal with…

I bet Emily will find pieces of Robo Reptillicus and the KingaChrome cannister detritus up there!

Unless this is some wild multiversal scenario, and there’s infinite subjects on infinite SOLs with infinite Mads and sidekicks…

3 Likes

I think that with Kinga’s penny-pinching, she probably had copies made on the Moon, instead of going after the originals. Some hired flunky could have quietly sneaked into the attic or garage belonging to an heir of Joel’s and grabbed the long-forgotten relevant thumb drive or sheaf of old papers: then sent the plans up to her.

The original bots? Still on Earth, even if Mike himself has long since passed away. (Peacefully, one would hope. Not married to a primate and not in yet another accident involving a volcano with too much baking soda.) They’re probably traveling the globe teaching others how to riff like pros, and making a tidy sum.

Of course, if the real Nelson, Murphy, and Beaulieu end up visiting the show, I’ll have to re-overthink all this. :thinking:

6 Likes

Anyone ever wonder why bot voice changes always coincide with the disappearance of a Mad?

7 Likes

wait a minute

WAIT a MINUTE

it’s… no, no I got nothing

7 Likes

It’s a celebration of their departure.

“Look, we drove away another one! How should we celebrate?”
“Let’s change my voice this time!”

9 Likes

For season 11, three Mads had left, so three bots changed their voices.

7 Likes

Fun idea! Given that in the new season, Emily’s bots are confirmed to be a different pair from Jonah’s, my mind races with the possibilities of a three-way bot battle for supremacy between those two pairs and Joel Robinson’s original Tom and Crow!

“This satellite ain’t big enough for the… all of us…”

5 Likes

But then there’s Waverly and Growler, two recent bots built by Jonah Heston. I’m pretty sure they’d be the judges.

5 Likes

OH! That one looked like it hurt!”
“You’ve got that right! Cambot, can we get a slow-motion replay?”

4 Likes

of course it is. The robots can declare themselves franchises and demand payment.

3 Likes

Sometimes the mantra gets in the way of having fun with unanswered questions.

Two things mentioned: One being what happened that got Crow and Servo back at the satellite from the apartment with Mike. I do wish we got an answer to that early on, like most changes got explained in the past (like Pearl’s exposition about new Clayton).

The other that was explained, the parentage of Kinga. I was dissatisfied with the part about Kim Kattrall. She was Crow’s crush, not Forrester’s (wrong Trace Beaulieu!). I had my own idea (headcanon, I think that’s called?) - that she was the product of Dr. F and… Resusci Anne! It’s a perfectly weird idea that works for this show - and offers some continuity from an earlier episode. Besides, it’s not hard (super easy, barely an inconvenience) to think of Dr. Ehrhardt as an unreliable narrator.

(coincidentally, as I wrote the above, I was listening to a free radio show where the theme was space. One song had the word “servo” in it, and another was a cover of the song “Satellite of Love”!)

4 Likes

Gravity would just require a centrifugal force that pushes things to the surface. I’ve come up with some theories that would drive Neil DeGrasse Tyson nuts. I’m not up to typing them up. In all likelihood Gamera is involved.

3 Likes

Can’t speak for all the theories here, but you’re right in that Jonah’s Bots definitely aren’t the same Bots that escaped with Mike, hence the changes in voice and physical appearances.

3 Likes

Pearl could have had backups of Crow and Servo’s minds made, which Kinga then uploaded into new versions of the robots. But the question is, why would she make new robots at all? The robots were Joel’s idea to start with, not the Mads’.

I think Kinga put the bots there for Jonah as a control mechanism. Now she knows that if he goes insane, it’s because of the movies and not the solitude.

5 Likes

They’re weighed down by having to sit through bad movies.

1 Like

Does the screening room have nasty 80s patterned carpet down, and if so is it all matted with spilled food & drink?

4 Likes

You’re not supposed to have pop in the theater.

2 Likes