Identify that episode

What’s the movie where Tom Servo at some point in a very British accent says, “Please allow me to in-tro-duce myself…!” And is that some sort of reference to something?

1 Like

I’m currently blanking on the episode, but I believe that’s in reference to “Sympathy for the Devil” by the Rolling Stones.

3 Likes

That’s a lyric from the Rolling Stones’ “Sympathy for the Devil.” Seems like it’s popped up more than once, so I’m not sure where that specific one might be.

ETA: Mom! optiMSTie is typing faster than me again!

4 Likes

There was one such reference in The Dead Talk Back, but I don’t know if that’s the episode in question.

2 Likes

Was this freaky nightmare fuel from This Island Earth or what is it from!?
mst3k_nf_replacement_suggestion_take_2

1 Like

That would be from one of the DVD menu screens, not sure which volume. The one with Incredible Melting Man on it.

1 Like

I have been tasked with identifying an episode, based on almost no clues. The movie’s cast was visibly drunk, with one actor hiccupping directly into the camera. The cast made many a riff referencing the drunk cast.

Only the hicup strikes me as a distinct clue, and I don’t recall it.

1 Like

You are on a Snipe hunt.

4 Likes

Worst case scenario, I watch a few episodes looking for a likely scene.

1 Like

In one of the live streams for the 2nd Kickstarter J. Elvis and Joel talk about a time they tried drinking while writing an episode. They said it didn’t help and they didn’t do it again.
An episode with the cast visibly drunk would be news.

4 Likes

I swear, every time I remember hiccups, it’s a riffer noting just how inebriated a particular character is.

:thinking:

3 Likes

I’m reading this as the people in the movie being drunk, not the MST cast.

It’s probably Killer Shrews, which is the drinkingest movie.

6 Likes

I was going to guess Killer Shrews or possibly Mitchell, with JDB emoting primarily via beer belches.

3 Likes

It’s also worth considering Bloodlust and Agent for HARM. Both included riffs about a character or an actor who was drunk.

4 Likes

Sorry, the riffed movie’s cast was drunk.

I have also just been told it might have been Rifftrax.

Thanks to the mods for moving my question to the correct thread.

3 Likes

Killer Shrews was my first reaction; other episodes with famously drunk characters were I Accuse My Parents and The Leech Woman, but in both those cases it’s really just one character that’s a drunk.

5 Likes

If I’m looking for a drunk actor in a riffed movie, I’d start with Wendell Corey in Women of the Prehistoric Planet or Astro Zombies.

5 Likes

My subconscious spat out Wild Rebels as an answer. I haven’t seen it in quite a while (adding it to my Mod Watch Along list now…), so I don’t know of my brain is right or way off.

3 Likes

Hmm, I’ve extracted another minor nugget of information, it was from around the 60s. That would eliminate the popular Killer Shrews and Mitchell suggestions.

4 Likes

Agent for H.A.R.M. maybe? The boss at the spy agency talks like he just woke up on the floor of a bus station.

4 Likes