Introduce yourselves here!

Hey, first ever mstie fourm for me.
I’ve been a fan for 20 years give or take. :slight_smile:

I tend to lurk and read more than reply btw.

9 Likes

vastwasteland here!

Are you happy in your work?

7 Likes

Hi everyone! Been a MST3k fan since the Sci-Fi days, and the Sci-Fi channel’s IRC channel was my first online community. I’m so excited to visit the Gizmoplex!

8 Likes

@ObeythePleasance Ah Pyuma Man! Truly a classic if there ever was one!

2 Likes

Hi! Keith here. I’m from NYC. Discovered MST while living in Minneapolis in the 1990s. My worst MST3K-related memory has to be when I missed running into Joel at Eagle Magic Store by 15 minutes. Also, missed running into Joel and Jerry Seinfeld at Eagle, but missed that by about 15 years.

10 Likes

I invented eating paste. Voles and light aircraft are attracted to me. I have teeth. I was once president of Newfoundland, Queen Elizabeth, and Iggy Pop in one afternoon. My goal is to live long and prosper and I’ll get started on that soon. I drive a 1983. I exercise regularly my right to use other people’s mailing address. I once graduated from 7th grade. I use cyber-based bubble memory. I work off UNIX and can use a variety of operating systems. I’ve undergone a complex personal evolution wherein painful confusion has given way to what I like to think of as some degree of wisdom culminating in my current Zarasthustrian sense of self. I often panic when making sandwiches. I smell conspiracy in everything and I don’t know what I mean most of the time.

So, pretty much normal like the rest of us MSTies. Greetings programs.

10 Likes

Hello. I’m John. Long time MST3K fan. I don’t know if I’ll post often as I tend to be more of a lurker in most communities I’m part of.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Sarah! Long time caller, first time listener. Currently in California, relocating to Connecticut because it’s just not a move unless it’s across an entire continent. Hope to see you guys in New Haven for the live show this fall!

5 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t know if this helps, but, ho ho ho?

5 Likes

Oh, on one level it is, for sure. My theater nerd and bad movie buff university bestie just about tore his hair out at it, but the riffs are chef’s kiss. It’s fireworks. I love it.

2 Likes

When I grew up my parents didn’t have cable. Then when I came back for a visit from college, they’d gotten it. My annoyance faded late one night when I turned it on and found a show with people on screen mocking movies like my friends and I would.
Fast forward a couple decades, and pre-pandemic I directed a Mystery Science tribute show. We’d fully improvise a b-movie and have people off to the side making fun of it.

So, hi, I’m a fan.

5 Likes

In that case, you might enjoy our thread where we’re attempting to organize a fan-riff of a movie.

7 Likes

I joined the fanbase on Turkey Day 1991, because I didn’t have cable access prior to then. My day job is building satellites… regrettably not satellites of love… maybe a few satellites of mutual affinity, and one satellite of bilious rage.

5 Likes

Hi! “Jenny Mac” on facebook and “canadiannomad” on snapchat here. Looking forward to testing out the new forum and getting to know you guys if we don’t already interact elsewhere. I’m also a newer attendee of the MSTie game nights on Thurs/Sat. Hope to see you there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello, all. I’m here under my “Darth Prefect” moniker because it’s what I use at the MST3K Wiki, which I have been pretty much in charge of since January of 2015. Practically everywhere else I’m “Rhindle the Red” or some variation therof.

In addition to backing all of the MST fundraisers (and most of the RiffTrax), my big contribution to the field is providing the text commentary track on the “Mike Nelson” edition of Plan 9 from Outer Space (on DVD and Blu-ray).

Yes, Cosmic Princess really is my favorite episode. No, the XT-5000 is not my favorite Bot, but Sparko wasn’t available…

11 Likes

I’m Tim, and I’ve been been circulating the tapes since the Comedy Channel days! I said my favorite episode was Ring of Terror, but only because I panicked. That’s an impossible question to answer.

9 Likes

Hi all, David here, writing in 3rd person; strange and out of character.
I’ve been a fan since a friend had a VHS of MST3k in the early 90s and then claimed there was MST2k before that. I was also lucky enough to be visiting my cousin at the University of Florida for the original release of MST3k: The Movie and I knew I found my community (of MSTies not Gators).

I am hoping the Time Bubble Tour makes another appearance in the Phoenix area, I got to catch Joel’s last tour and it was an incredible amount of fun!

7 Likes

Hi! I’m Maury Levine from Birmingham,

6 Likes

I is waarwilf

11 Likes