Introduce yourselves here!

Hey All I’m monkey, another 30+ year fan. First saw an episode back in the Comedy Channel days and have been hooked ever since. I’m in southern California and was lucky enough to have attended a Joel presentation of The TV Wheel at a small art theater here back in 2012. I used to prefer the Joel episodes over the Mike ones, but over the last 10 years have really reconnected with the later 90s eps and formed a new appreciation for them. Picking a favorite episode is really difficult, so today I will say it is Pod People*. (*subject to change)

10 Likes

Hey people!
Sam from Québec here! Been a fan for a while but really fell through the rabbit hole since some episodes hit Netflix. There are not a lot of episodes available in Québec (you know, us being french and all) but I’m going through everything I can find now.
Bring more param… episodes!

10 Likes

Hi there! I’ve been a sort of MSTie-Light fan for some 25 years (after my younger brothers introduced me to the show way back); for the past 5 or 6, after I moved to Hawaii, I’ve been more ardent. I’m super happy to be supporting the show for a second time with the latest Kickstarter. Really looking forward to seeing how things develop!

10 Likes

Hej!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Taco. Despite the name, I’m a human being. Been watching since sometime in the 90’s when they were airing on SciFi. I’m looking forward to a new season for sure.

10 Likes

Henlo I’m Adelaide, I love MST3K and super happy to have contributed to building the Gizmoplex :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

Hi all,

Lino here from London in the UK. I’ve been an MSTie for more years than I care to remember, the show was initially never shown over here, but I had a friend in Fresno (Isn’t that a song?) who used to send me VHS compilations he’d recorded from Comedy Central and later Sci-fi. I’ve been hooked ever since!

Here is to the future! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’m just happy to be here.

9 Likes

Heyyo! I’m Russell, I’m 31 from Massachusetts. Been a MSTie my whole life thanks to my mom and uncles adoration for the show. MST3K has been wildly important to who I am and what I love. Happy to be here, hands down the nicest community I’ve been apart of are the MST3k ones!

12 Likes

Joules of the Family Logan/Malik here! My husband & I have been laughing at the Satellite of Love shenanigans since the mid 90’s. Now we share the guys and robots with our kids, who proudly and without mercy riff all movies regardless of the genre or audience😂.

On summer break with my CA family, my favorite time of day were the evenings when my Dad would get home from work and watch MST3K - he has the best belly laugh. He was diagnosed with dementia 2 years ago so watching him laugh out loud while we watch MST3K now makes my heart happy💗

So as soon as I saw this Kickstarter I knew my family had to support more MST3K!

13 Likes

Hi! Excited to check out this forum and meet cool MSTies!

10 Likes

Jarad here from colorado. I grew up in a town so small that my school bus was regularly held up because sheep were blocking the road. So no cable.
I actually discovered the show when I was sick and my parents rented the movie from the local video store. My brothers and I rented it many times before I discovered it was a show on my grandparents satellite package. Sadly it was cancelled shortly after. It wasn’t until I saw it again on Netflix that I realized how much mst3k was out there.
I am currently collecting all the box sets, watching on Pluto, and trying to get my wife to “get it”. This is my first kickstarter and I cancelled my MLBtv package to fit it in the budget.
If I can make one request…
Please film the live shows and release them for purchase. The only reason you would ever be in my area is if you take up sheep herding as a hobby. Or maybe for the headless chicken festival.

16 Likes

Hi from Ohio.
Its been a long time since I’ve seen a forum so new.

11 Likes

Greetings from San Angelo, Texas, where it’s always a good idea to watch out for snakes! :snake: I’ve been watching since the Comedy Central era. Besides MST3K and Rifftrax, I enjoy watching Turner Classic Movies. I love to spot obscure actors who have been in MST3K “experiments” and also appear in classic movies and vintage TV programs. I have 2 GKs (19 and 12), and I enjoy making quilts while the movies are playing, so sometimes turning down the lights is not applicable. :eyes:
Hikeeba, y’all!

12 Likes

Hi, first time long time. I’m Nick, I started watching MST3K with season 8 when my parents finally got cable and have been hooked ever since!

12 Likes

Are you still in CO?

2 Likes

Absolutely. Still the same town I grew up in. It is considerably less tiny now but we still have the headless chicken festival.

3 Likes

I dying to know where you live!!

3 Likes

Way back in 1990 a former friend (I stress former!) introduced me to MST3K on the Comedy Channel. It was this introduction that made me get cable TV.

Glad that all these years later the show is still thriving and innovating and can still make me laugh out loud.

9 Likes

Fruita. It is about 17 miles from the Utah border. I grew up in Loma which is slightly farther west on a 20 acre patch of desert. Don’t get me wrong. It was a great place to be a kid. But the land is so expensive I had to move to Fruita to get a place.

3 Likes