Introduce yourselves here!

Hey! This is Jesse. I’ve been on the RiffTrax forums since their inception , so why not give this forum a shot as well? Looking forward to new episodes! Huzzah!

13 Likes

Hello! I grew up on MST3K and it’s honestly one of the few things my dad and I have or have ever had in common. I’ve loved this community effort for both kickstarters and am happy I could participate. I knew my GF was the one when I showed her a few episodes and she had a good time watching them. Can’t wait to see what the future brings!!

16 Likes

Hey! I’m so happy to be a part of this kickstarter and forum and generally that MST is still going strong! My parents didn’t have cable when I was younger, and I first saw MST3K when we visited my grandparents’ house and I would sneak downstairs late at night to watch it on Comedy Central. I immediately felt at home with the silly/sarcastic/smart/goofy vibe. Years later, when the show was on the SciFi channel early Saturday mornings, my boyfriend and I would set the VCR to tape it so we could sleep late and watch it after we woke up and made some pancakes. We eventually got married, and we have years worth of MST3K quotes and jokes that have worked their way into our vocabulary and our lives. Thanks, MST3K! :heart: :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

Nothing wrong with my hair, Larry!
Hey, Pirate Joe here, long time fan from back in 1989, when I caught it during college, and I’ve been a fan ever since. I’m looking forward to finding more NC fans on the forums here, I hope.

13 Likes

Hello everyone,

Chris here from Texas, started watching MST3K on Netflix fell in love with it and have been devouring as much as I can get. My husband started watching it with his dad back in the 90s and was glad to see it come back. We are both excited for season 13!

We are both big nerds who collect Transformers, action figures (Star wars, power rangers, he-man, Godzilla), comic books, Lego/Bionicle, movies/TV shows (over 800 different ones).

12 Likes

Hello. Patrick from Indiana. Discovered MST3K in ‘93 when visiting family for Thanksgiving and stumbled upon Alien from L.A. It was love at first sight but I was just a kid and my folks didn’t have the right cable subscription until the SciFi era. Mike and the Bots became a staple of my weekends during high school. Backfilled into Joel with Rhino DVD sets in college. Missed the first Kickstarter campaign with a newborn, but excited to be part of season 13. Never been great at these forum things but I read ALL of the comments on the Kickstarter and knew I had to join. You all are great and have impeccable taste.

15 Likes

Hi! I’m Jon. I’m a writer in Burbank, CA. Huge MST3K fan since I was a teen - pretty sure my first episode was a bootleg copy of Alien from LA from when it was briefly shown on MTV.

MST inspired me to try comedy writing, which led to writing for ToyFare Magazine (where we watched countless hours of MST3K, as one of our editors had the whole Comedy Central run on VHS) and @midnight, where I even got to meet Jonah when he appeared as a guest. So, MST3K pretty much shaped my whole life… and now I get to also be a part of this forum!

15 Likes

Ruhk from PDX. I work in a medical testing lab for a hospital network in Oregon and draw comics on the side for fun. I found MST3K growing up in NE Iowa in the 90’s- one of the local tv stations would play reruns of MST3K at like 2am on the weekends, I stumbled across it by accident and filled up way too many VHS tapes with Joel & Mike.

14 Likes

Definitely interested in more details on the wedding.

5 Likes

Same as YettiChild. Spent my first 23 years there and first heard of MST3K during that time, but now live elsewhere.

9 Likes

Hello. I’m Matt. A fellow mstie since the early days on The Comedy Channel (Comedy Central) and cartoonist & puppeteer.

13 Likes

Hello everyone. There are some who would call me … Tim. An artist from Pennsylvania, I’ve been watching MST3K for 26 years.

15 Likes

Here are a few! And here is a link to our wedding video! Alex and Nate's MST3K Wedding Video 3000 - YouTube

38 Likes

I adore the vestments that the Lutheran minister was wearing in the third-to-last image, blybttnfzz. Guessing he wasn’t Missouri Synod, though.

9 Likes

Those wedding photos are fantastic! How fun!

8 Likes

I can only hope Torgo was either an Usher or the Flower Girl.

Seriously, awesome wedding pics!

9 Likes

I don’t like introducing myself, but I keep getting all these forum badges and privileges so I feel like I should contribute. “Hi! I’m James!”

I currently live in Pa, but my family was in the military and also divorced, so like… all over, man, I’ve lived alllll over…

I grew up with MST3K playing in the backdrop of my 90s life - I actually owned Godzilla vs the Sea Monster AND Megalon on VHS unriffed. A good portion of that genre was literally in my movie collection and I have been blessed to find that many have since been riffed on things like RiffTrax. Planet of Dinosaurs, I’m looking at you.

Anyways, I circled back around on the series in college because the library had several DVD collections onhand and internet streaming wasn’t really established. Then later, internet streaming was established and it came on Netflix, which definitely helped relight the fandom fire. I do <3 Jonah.

Ok. So… here’s a pic and “TADA” Im introduced.

The End.
Based on a true story.

15 Likes

Ah… “The Starfighters”. What an episode! Is that the one where someone riffs something like “Is it me, or is there more of nothing going on in this movie than in any other we’ve watched?” (Not an exact quote, but I think it’s close.)

And welcome, Malcrash1!

Dino.

6 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :sparkling_heart:!

Dino.

6 Likes

Hi I’m Harley,
Happy to be here! Thanks for having me! I’m an artist and puppet builder and long time MST3K fan.

What do you think sirs?

13 Likes