Introduce yourselves here!

You’re better off where you are, Friend Frank.

One of the best online riff exchanges I had there was during some crappy B&W film about White “Voodoo Princesses” or something. A gangster’s moll “onscreen” kept going on an on about how she was a tough girl from the streets of Pittsburgh. I chimed in with something like,

“Not a single mention of the Primanti Bros. while you eat your sandwich? Not one word about hockey? You’ve never sit foot in Pittsburgh!”

Another watcher @-ed me and our host with,

“It smells like Penguin in here.” :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

5 Likes

I found this one. And it’s penguin related like @CLANG_Potroast said, so it must be the right one.

bluebird_main_logo

I’ll get my grandson to show me how to use it. He’s coming over later to make the clock stop blinking on the video tape player.

5 Likes

Glad to know I’m not the only one whose Geography skills have faded big time since 5th or 6th Grade. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

You can excuse New Zealand, as they probably don’t have any native birds that are actually blue anyway. :wink:

2 Likes

My brain automatically filled in the obligatory “yinzer” setup and “jagoff” insult to your riff. I grew up relatively close to Pittsburgh. :wink:

5 Likes

I have special dispensation from Mr. Potroast to use “Jaggoff” in lieu of “Dickweed” should they ever be foolhardy enough to hire me on as a writer for the show. (Even though I’m originally from N.J.)

2 Likes

Hi all, I finally decided to get all up in this thing, and hopefully I won’t space out and forget about it until 2023. I’m Dave, but I shortened it to DAV for my username because it’s easier for everybody (like DUG without as much UG). I think the last time I posted anything MST3K-related anywhere was on the rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc (RATMM) usenet group in like 1998, so please be gentle, won’t you? Thank you.

14 Likes

Welcome! You aren’t alone:

5 Likes

28291860.SX540

5 Likes

I use Twitter every day. I left FB several years ago because FB is [nearly] unmitigated evil. But I actually get a lot of good and interesting info from Twitter - not conspiracy theory crap, but like occasionally a professional vulcanologist will turn up and do a mini lesson about eruption types (like after the La Palma eruption recently) and that’s really cool. Also there’s some funny stuff, plus I follow Bill Corbett and Frank Conniff.

6 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Meredith. I have been a fan of MST3K since 1994 when I saw The Magic Sword on Comedy Central.

12 Likes

My name is Désirée and I can’t remember if I introduced myself before or not, so, hi or hi again! Been a fan since MST3K hit Comedy Central. My friends and I would get together to study and then watch the show as our reward.

13 Likes

Hi Keeba! I’m a Southern California fan of forklifts, Sampo, Weenie Roasts, Torgo, Mitchell’s comfortable shoes, my Darling Rowsdower and Mac and Me!

13 Likes

I’m Beth. My husband and my first unofficial date was to go to the old video chain Coconuts to buy my college roommate an episode of MST3K (We went with Pod People.). 22 years later, we’re watching the show with our twins.

20 Likes

RVR II and ‘Spam-Zapper’ mod from the RiffTrax forum here. Thought I’d drop in and create a profile here to hang out with you cool folks :grin:
For those that don’t know me from the RT forum, I’m originally from Buffalo, NY and a Die-Hard BILLS fan but reside in Rock Hill, SC in Carolina Panthers country so I love NFL football. I’m also a Weather nut and big Star Trek fan. I post a lot of random stuff on the RiffTrax forum, so much so that I am closing in on 60000 posts there :open_mouth:
Anywho, Looking forward to hanging out :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Oh, here we go. Another once-homey forum overrun by international celebrities! Tsk!

:wink:

5 Likes

Ol’ 1K they call me.

5 Likes

Call me Mr. 1000

4 Likes

I will call you Mr. 1001.

4 Likes

GOTCHA!

The original post doesn’t count towards number of reponses, so I am, IN FACT:

Mr. 1000 !!!

SAY IT! SAY IT! Say it in front of all these people!

POWER! I’M MAD WITH THE POWER OF ONE THOUSAND !!!

8 Likes