Kids today, I tell ya!

I’d get over my post not making sense quicker than constantly seeing that apostrophe.

So, you’re really embodying the whole “cruel to be kind” thing. :smile:

4 Likes

Oh, all right.

Happy now?

5 Likes

11 Likes

I was born in June of 1977. My mother prides herself on never having seen Star Wars. So it’s not just kids today.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen Trolls 3. Gosh, I’m old in the minds of today’s youth.

I did see Return of the Jedi and Jaws 3D in the theater though (but I was too young to appreciate either one).

4 Likes

I’ve never seen any of the Godfather movies and I don’t particularly want to watch Apocalypse Now because I really love Heart of Darnkess.

3 Likes

My husband has never seen a Godfather movie all the way through because just looking at Al Pacino puts him to sleep :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I’ve never seen any of the Godfather movies, either. But I’ve never been a fan of “gangster” movies in general, so I doubt that will ever change :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Same here. I have no interest in ‘The Mob’.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a James Bond movie.

6 Likes

I wish I had never seen The Goonies…

2 Likes

I have seen the first Godfather movie.

I’ve owned multiple versions of The Princess Bride over the years (it and Stargate are movies I will rebuy every time the format changes)

I’ve never seen The Goonies, and I don’t think I’ve seen all of Gremlins in one sitting.

1 Like

I bet my mom was dozing in the theater and we were just too hopped up on explosions and candy to notice.

3 Likes

Spoiler alert - it sinks!

I saw Flashdance when it came out on VHS? … have no idea why my parents thought it was a good movie to let me watch, but … I didn’t complain?

2 Likes

You’ve reminded me that my one question admitted in S13 was for I Accuse My Parents where I asked everyone what was the best movie to watch with a parent. This is my crowning glory and I hope to be reminded of it at least once during my final half-hour on Earth.

3 Likes

But have you seen Operation Kid Brother?

I mean, it’s about the same. Codename Diamondhead too…

Goldeneye is a favorite (Famke Janssen steals the show really) and had a really good video game adaptation as well?

1 Like

Hi, yes, I’m one of the darned kids. (For reference, I was not alive for an MST3K premiere until the Netflix era. I have made everybody else on this forum feel old.)

7 Likes

But have you seen Casablanca?

4 Likes

For any that haven’t, The Princess Bride is great. Andre the Giant is wonderful. I think there were some other good people in it too.

As for me, I’m pretty sure I have never seen a Gremlins movie. I grew up under a rock. I’m not that worried about it. The Gremlins, that is. The rock thing could have been better.

8 Likes

The two Gremlins movies couldn’t be more different. The first was a horror comedy. The second is so close to a Looney Tunes cartoon that Bugs and Daffy are in the opening and closing credits.

6 Likes