Kids today, I tell ya!

I have regular viewing dates with a 30-years-younger friend (MST3K, ST:SNW, Quantum Leap, Good Omens, etc.)

We’ve decided to fill in the hiatus with a ‘movie swap’, and while discussing what we’d share with each other, I found out she’d never seen Casablanca!

Well, I’m gonna fix that right quick, I tell ya!

Right after I fix the fact she’s never seen The Day the Earth Stood Still.

8 Likes

Before you do any of that, you should get rid of that incorrect apostrophe in your thread title.

6 Likes

Just show her Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, it’s basically the same thing. :wink:

7 Likes

GIT OFF MAH LAWN YEW WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!

3 Likes

My wife works with people who’ve never seen Ghostbusters or The Goonies, which feels like it should be impossible for anyone raised in the west.

6 Likes

I’d probably go with Sullivan’s Travels. I’m not much for Cassablanca.

1 Like

I’ve never seen the Goonies, and I was coming up when it was released.

7 Likes

[raises hand]

Haven’t seen it.

8 Likes

I’ve also never seen The Princess Bride, much to the consternation of my nerdier friends.

10 Likes

These kids today, with their loud music, their fax machines, and their hula hoops. Way too busy to appreciate the classics.

9 Likes

Oh, but they’ve got so much to say – just listen to them scream so.

1 Like

And don’t forget listening to The Becks.

2 Likes

Their hula hoops and Neve Campbells.

5 Likes

I still have never seen Titanic or Flashdance. I think I already mentioned those in the thread about not seeing The Wire. But just in case…

4 Likes

I saw Titanic four times in the theater, so I think that evens it out.

5 Likes

You really aren’t missing much, but to anyone who has not seen The Goonies, I would highly recommend it !

5 Likes

I’ve seen that and Princess Bride I think… but it’s been so long that I only remember whatever details pop up in memes.

1 Like

Just read the book, it’s 100x better.

2 Likes

LOL. Touche.

I would, but then your reply wouldn’t make any sense, and I wouldn’t do that to you.

4 Likes

Hey, you aren’t the first -

Edit to load the graphic

6 Likes