Let's Talk Baseball

The electronic strike zone doesn’t bother me, except that along with the ridiculous challenges we have now there’ll also be challenges for balls and strikes.

2 Likes

Mets were the free game of the day. It just ended - que the sad trombone music.

It was over after the first inning, but after the Mariners 7 run comeback late in an inning a while back, you think to yourself… you never know.

I should have known.

1 Like

I try to remember not to click on the “Let’s Talk Baseball” thread before I watch the game, but I forgot today, and I guess that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

So the Mets have fallen behind the Phillies, crazy.

Phillies clawed their way back to 500 a few weeks ago, then fell to 5 or 6 under, now have almost clawed back to 500 again.

Atlanta has to go on a losing streak soon, right? Right?

1 Like

The Mets have only themselves to blame, and I’d probably feel the Phillies had only themselves to blame if I were a Phillies fan (in some Bizarro world.)

1 Like

We’ve got a tough May schedule. The only break is three games in Oakland at the end of the month

1 Like

The Twins somehow took two of three from San Diego. I know the Padres are underachieving based on expectations, but the Twins’ offense lately has been… well, offensive. They pieced together enough runs the last two games to bounce back from losing the opening game of the series.

Kyle Farmer is back after taking a fastball to the face. Kinda bummed that Jose Miranda was sent down to make roster space, but Farmer deserves a roster spot and somebody had to go. Might as well be the struggling youngster who still has options, I guess.

And now they’ll be without Tyler Mahle for the rest of the season, and possibly forevermore. That trade has worked out horribly for the Twins, losing Steer and Encarnacion-Strand for nine Mahle starts. This pattern of acquiring pitchers who’ve shown recent injury signs needs to stop. I know pretty much any pitcher is an injury risk because it’s an unnatural act, but if a guy has recently missed time with forearm or elbow concerns, maybe this front office should think about staying away.

1 Like

I’m actually watching the Mets game live today instead of on a delay, so I’ll be catching any horrors in real time.

2 Likes

A 3 run single in the 6th does it, first runs for the team in 20 innings. I almost forgot what a Mets run looked like, thanks for reminding me, Lindor.

For the Mariners, Julio broke out of his slump, after his demotion. 3 for 5, a HR and 4 RBIs. A 9- 2 win over the Tiggers and we’re back at 500 - now let’s nudge that a little further Seattle, and stop with the sub 500/500 thing you’ve had going all season.

2 Likes

At least they won. It’s a start. And a good outing by Megill.

1 Like

Bryce Miller makes history!

More fun facts from the game

• Jarred Kelenic hit a two-run home run in the third and Teoscar Hernández hit a solo homer in the fourth. They are tied for the team lead with eight.

• Kelenic’s home run came on the two-year anniversary of his major league debut.

• Ty France extended his hitting streak to 10 games

• The win pushed the M’s above .500 for the first time since they won on opening day.

They are still 4th in the West with a 20-19 record. But I’m happy. Let’s sweep those Tigers tomorrow!

2 Likes

Mets trailing 1-0 early in rainy DC, but they began to rally, so the umps called for a delay.

1 Like

Farte Moreno and Perry love a good bullpen the way Garfield and Bob Geldof love Mondays.

Why Do You Hate Us So Much Neil Patrick Harris GIF by NETFLIX

1 Like

Seriously MLB, your blacking out the free Mother’s Day game? Real classy :roll_eyes:

And then the M’s give up the lead and lose.

Mets up now, and at least I can watch that.

Oh, and I like the Nationals City Connect unis, I don’t care for most of them, but the Nats, and The Rockies looks nice. The Mariners too - the uni is a tribute to Seattle’s baseball past, the Rainiers (the patch), the M’s trident logo on the hat, the Pilots, with the lettering on the shirt and a “my oh my” written on the back of the cap.

1 Like

Well, the Mets lost the resumption of the suspended game (for which the Nats charged fans for a full game - I’d be livid), and I managed to miscalculate when Game 2 started and missed the first 3 innings. They’re behind 1-0 again, so I guess I don’t mind having missed it.

2 Likes

I’m still getting used to the Rockie’s City Connect uniform. That’s also our license plate design so all I can think of is that. (San Diego’s CC uniform is hideous. I think the plan was to blind the other team).

Speaking of the Rocks, they managed to drop 2 of 3 to the Phillies so back to business as usual.

2 Likes

The Nationals went nuts on the Mets :frowning_face:

The Mariners went nuts on the Red Sox :smiley:

1 Like

The Cardinals went nuts on the Brewers!

1 Like

Just went and looked at the score and, holy crap! They sure did, didn’t they.

Edit, do we have any Braves fans here who want to add to this nutty chorus?

1 Like

Angels held on to a big run lead and beat an above 500 team for once.

Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

2 Likes