Let's Talk Baseball

Red Sox had their revenge in the first, Luis Castillo gave up 2 home runs and they opened with a 4-0 lead - but Teoscar just hit a triple with 2 outs and brought in 2 runs, then our DH hit a homer, and we are back in this, baby! 4-4 bottom of the 4th.

Edit - and nope - typical Mariniers, no consistency. One big inning a game and the rest, nothing.

1 Like

Phillies just can’t seem to win on the west coast.

We’ll see if they can avoid being swept by the Giants this afternoon.

1 Like

New cap

My go-to black Seahawks cap was looking pretty gross and grimy, so it was time for a replacement.

2 Likes

Didn’t want to jinx anything but it turns out… oh well

1 Like

That sure was a day of blowouts and big points for a number of games.

Welp, the M&Ms are starting up and the Mariners are already down 3 in the 1st (oh, bother).

I’ll wear my new cap and see if that helps rally the Mets to victory. Need to end this 2-game losing streak.

1 Like

Phillies get swept by a team they should have crushed, and have lost 9 straight games played in California.

1 Like

The Mets tie the game in the ninth!
Go hat go!

2 Likes

The rally cap comes through, with a little help from the Mets players. lol

I thought we threw it away in the 10th, but they stormed right back to take it.

2 Likes

Wow that was some blast by Alonso to win the game

2 Likes

Senga had 12 strikeouts and only gave up 1 run, but takes the no decision. But happy we came back and got the win.

2 Likes

I had to turn it off in the top of the 9th, but it’s great that they came back.

1 Like

The final game starts at 1PM today in NY
Megill Vs Bradley

Let’s see if the Mets can get a winning streak going

2 Likes

Rockies managed to get one of three from the Reds, but our pitching staff is already on the ropes and it’s only May. One out for the season for Tommy John surgery. Another hit by a line drive and hospitalised. The ones left have high ERAs and can’t seem to get past the fifth inning.

1 Like

The Mets picked a good week to quit sniffing glue and managed to win their first series in a month against the team with the best record.
They continue to ride the magic of @JakeGittes hat!

3 Likes

Angels/O’s

IMG_0449

2 Likes

Yeah, I know how you feel.

They do it again - Pete with another big HR, and another 10th inning comeback. Take my breath away Mets.

3 Likes

Do I dare to believe again?

3 Likes

HR in the 7th for the Mariners, up 7-2 now on the Braves.
Good news for the Mets, though they still need to get their own house in order before worrying too much about the Braves.

2 Likes

The Rockies have dropped two to the Rangers. Doubly bad today as we were blown out 11-5 by Jon Gray who used to pitch for us.

Le Sigh.

1 Like

Phillies beat up the Cubs this afternoon, after the Cubs beat up the Phillies last night…

Past few weeks have been crazy streaks, 6 in a row lost, 5 in a row won, 5 in a row lost.

1 Like