Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... the moon? What's up with the moon, anyway? It's the "What's Up with the Moon" Mods' Choice Community Watch Party series!

Oh wow. This is so AWESOME!

This is a fantastic selection of episodes! I’m loving that they have a theme too!

I am so there! :smiley:

8 Likes

To pregame the “what’s up with the moon?” theme I am rewatching Wolfcop right now.

So in werewolf movies, the full moon often lasts for several days. I kind of hate that but I can usually allow for two, maybe three nights before I start questioning what effect the moon actually has. But Wolfcop wins at life because a solar eclipse comes right after a full moon. Not caring to that degree is a special kind of awesome. I LOVES IT SO MUCH.

5 Likes

The moon technically is “full” for a brief instant but to the naked eye, it looks full for three nights, so as long as the plot doesn’t try to stretch beyond that, I can buy it.

4 Likes

Cool! I’m out of town May 5, but I don’t really like season one anyway so that’s okay.

I leave you with this, to keep you warm up at night.

5 Likes

I’d be cool with the three nights if the first night wasn’t the date marked on the calendar. Surely the wolf should appear the night before, the night of calendarical full moon, and the night after. But it always seems to start on the calendar day.

1 Like

I miss that very fine marmalade they used to carry.

2 Likes

June will be lit!

qxA3R2

6 Likes

You take the moon and you take the sun!

Don’t shoot the moon! We’re loony for the luna!

And now a look at the wildlife of the moon

3 Likes

Moon Zero Two was my first episode, so it holds a special place in my heart.

9 Likes

That’s no moon party, that’s a transmorpher!

4 Likes

Beware, these watch parties are a plot to make us all Moonies.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Are these watchalongs going to get added to the Gizmoplex event calendar so they’re automatically on everyone’s calendars?

4 Likes

My guess is that because these watchalongs are totally unofficial and completely unsanctioned, they probably wouldn’t be automatically added to the event calendar.

That would follow with how we don’t have the movies scheduled to automatically run at 8PM EDT at the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater, with everyone required to press play on their own copy at 8PM EDT on the show date (or begin streaming the featured episode for free at gizmoplex.com at 8PM EDT on the show date).

So, for now, you’ll want to add those tentative viewing dates to your own calendar manually, bearing in mind that these dates are subject to change.

3 Likes

One week from tonight!

8 Likes

We need a countdown timer!

Here is one!

8 Likes

I am down the rabbit hole, here, and it all brings new meaning to the term “Circular logic.”

2 Likes

Ooo, I just got back from a trip and now I am invited to watch the moon.
:full_moon_with_face:

I am looking forward to mooning out wit ya’ll.

Mooney would approve!

6 Likes

I am also looking forward to this!

Have to admit, I really missed doing these “unofficial” watch parties and I am so pleased there’s going to be more of them in the coming weeks!

Going to be fun. :smiley:

8 Likes

I have a Kung Pow! Enter the Fist watch party next Friday, but it functions in a west coast kind of way that while the start times are similar, the different time zones means an MST3K episode fits in comfortably even if it’s not an identical 3 hour difference

6 Likes