Movies for MST3K: The Animated Series

“Cockadoo, sunny day!”

3 Likes

“Down here on the farm.”

Not gonna lie, to this day that stupid song will randomly pop in my head any time I see a picture of Elvis or a rooster. It’s a curse I carry.

3 Likes

It’s a catchy song, no doubt about it.

Rocket Robin Hood - The REAL worst thing to ever come out of Canada. I think Frank Conniff took a few whacks at it when he was co-hosting Cartoon Dump once upon a time. But I’d still like to see it get the full-blown MST treatment.

Threadbare, drab world-building. Indifferent, generic, clumsy dialogue and voice acting which are all ripe for deliberate misinterpretations*… And an incredibly painful theme song.

(I especially enjoyed finding the rejected original pilot in which all the heroes were White and all the villains were Black. Yyyyeah…) o_0

*[Robin, pointing a heat gun at some frozen pals. “Hey, sorry but I’ve got to make things hot for you!”

Me and a few equally incredulous friends: nonchalant whistling in the spirit of “Lip and tongue action” from the first Speech short.]

Uh… about Tenticolino. The Italians didn’t do the animation.

I watched that a lot on HBO as a kid in the early 90s.

I actually saw this in theaters when I was 7 years old.

Let’s not forget it’s sister “Funimation makes a sequel to a public domain fairy tale that coincidentally happens to be a Disney film.”

Clocking in at 30 minutes, Christmas in Tattertown isn’t a full-fledged movie, but it could work as a short feature kinda thing if broken up into chunks.

On the shelf for 4 years.

Oh Yeah Oscars GIF by PBS SoCal

Opened the same weekend as this Rifftrax “classic.”

super mario bros goomba GIF

1 Like

Only 80s kids with HBO will remember the most beloved Croatian/Yugoslavian animated collaboration of all time…

Hanan-Barbera’s attempt at the big leagues which was significantly less exciting than your typical episode of Rescue Rangers.

“Skysurfer Strike Force is a 1995-1996 American science-fiction superhero animated series that was featured on Bohbot Entertainment’s Amazin’ Adventures cartoon block and was produced by Ruby-Spears Productions with animation by Ashi Productions. … The show then aired in reruns on the Sci Fi Channel in 1999 through 2000.”

I strongly urge everyone to pick a random episode and view:

Ok went to YouTube watched the trailer cause I vaguely remember this. The animation looks great but the story is Kaka and so is the kids name! Eh oh well can’t win them all, I say to Rifftrax with this one.

How about the Claymation " Adventures of Mark Twain "?

RiffTrax’s riffing sampler of A Charlie Brown Christmas and It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown proves that we can have REALLY funny riffs on Peanuts. I really want them to do more full-length ones, and either them or MST3K doing the full-length features would be instant day-one purchases for me.

1 Like

…wait a minute…that one on the left with the pizza…

…oh god, he had a spawn and it ended up in a worse movie than his!

1 Like

Maybe this type of film wouldn’t fit the feel of the show, but it would be neat to see an episode where a horrific animated film, one of those “straight to VHS” was riffed.

If you agree, what are some animated films that would fit the bill?

If you disagree, why wouldn’t it work?

If there is a fully animated film that was riffed, TELL ME! I wanna see it.

1 Like

A Troll In Central Park. Dom DeLuise doing yet another Munchie variation.

We’re so used to seeing cheesy low-budget animation that an animated movie only seems outstandingly bad if it takes a big budget and just wastes it, Shark Tale or Emoji Movie style. And those movies are owned by big studios who will never let them be riffed.

RiffTrax may have done an animated movie at some point, maybe?

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking Rifftrax probably has.

Very good point, low budget animated films are much harder to find, but I’m sure they are out there.

Or perhaps a studio that sees the value of the reincarnating powers of MST3K.