Movies that Need to be Riffed by the MST3K Gang

:laughing: May I please have a time stamp for when Weird Al shows up? Thanks.

3 Likes

Oh no.

No, I’m going to do it, but that sounds like a medium-sized town I know.

Can’t have it!

5 Likes

A whole Town Without Pity For Riffing?

(Who knew?) o_0

4 Likes

Nope.

2 Likes

I’ve been there!

And to Parchman Farm and even the Hobbit! (R.I.P.)

[ETA - Also, can’t forget Jimmy Mak’s!!]

3 Likes

Yep. Janice Scroggins taught me everything about improvising piano. May she rest in peace. Beautiful woman and she could make those eighty-eights radiate.

4 Likes

Andy Warhol’s “Empire”.

3 Likes

Santa With Muscles. It has Hulk Hogan as Santa Claus.

Thunder In Paradise. Hulk Hogan, Chris Lemmon, and their high tech crimefighting boat.

4 Likes

But. . .but it taught me to love psychotronic horror?

Am I . . .am I . . . doing movies wrong?!

4 Likes

Honestly, any Hulk Hogan movie except Rocky 3 would fit here.

4 Likes

Santa With Muscles is the film that got me blocked by Hulk Hogan on Twitter.

7 Likes

Maybe.

But I still want to know if Dinosaurs are a fun-filled trip back in time. I’m not very sure about that!

3 Likes

Also Mr. Nanny, the other Hulk Hogan vehicle that comes to mind.

3 Likes

Does anyone remember The Action Pack? I think most of those movies would be perfect fodder, especially the Sorbo Hercules films. Kevin Sorbo having a meltdown about it would be a bonus.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This one has a lot of sincere fans, if YT’s comments are any measure. I don’t know. I riffed it in real time with some buddies back when I was still on Twitter. Most of us thought it was more silly than scary. (BTW, both this and CT’s Legacy of Blood -1978- had someone found dead in a giant fish tank. Was that a requirement for every horror cheapie in the 1970s? :thinking: ) It does have Peter Cushing and John Carradine -briefly-, for what that’s worth.

I think my best riff, when the zombies file out of the ocean in a row, was: “An army of dripping, leather-clad Peter Garretts?! Who told this director my dream ?!” (Thanks, Crow.) :wink:

7 Likes

One that’s crossed my mind lately, and I’m not sure it’s quite suitable, is The Omega Man. I suspect it may be too “good”, but let’s face it, it’s very cheesy.

5 Likes

Am I alone in being unable to contemplate Omega Man without thinking of Bob & Doug McKenzie in their movie-within-a-movie in Strange Brew?

4 Likes

Omega Cop

Omega_Cop_FilmPoster

“John Travis is the toughest cop alive… He’s the ONLY cop alive!”

8 Likes

All right, LOL. I think you’re pretty weird, but that is amusing.

4 Likes