Movies that Need to be Riffed by the MST3K Gang

I steal from the pros, but my real dreams are only shared with my therapist. :smiley:

4 Likes

Any of those latter-day Steven Seagal direct-,to-DVD movies.

5 Likes

Got this on the right thread this time. Just found this movie today and it sounds so dreamily perfect for MST3K.

Baffled!

Leonard Nimoy. Psychic phenomenon. Race cars. Made for TV. I’m already giddy.

12 Likes

It’s worth the time for an aficionado. Since it’s a self-contained story I can see why this pilot wasn’t picked up for series. I think drawing the premise out to a series would have been flat and disappointing.

3 Likes

I’m just seeing Eve of Destruction and man, it is delightfully bad. Perfect for riffing. The dialogue is terrible and it’s hilarious how seriously the movie is taking itself considering how ridiculous it is.

Credit where it’s due, Hines is decent here and halfway through there’s been a couple solid moments. I also love the basic concept, silly as it is.

5 Likes

I consider it a companion piece to Freejack from the same era. Just a shameful waste of talent all around.

6 Likes

Oh, OH! Continuing the “made for TV” badness, it would be a HOOT if they could do the David Hasselhoff version of Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. You know you want it.

5 Likes

Would they be allowed to do Disney movies? :wink:

3 Likes

It has a great end credits song though.

3 Likes

This sounds made up, but it’s oh so real and everything you hope it would be.

5 Likes

I saw some snippets from this on the Found Footage Festival YT channel. They did a live watch-a-long for their Patreon backers. I don’t think I would’ve made it through based on what little I saw. o_0

3 Likes

A nerd uses his awesome computer genius to… plan a party? Finally, we can calculate how many kegs are needed to a degree of precision previously thought unattainable.

6 Likes

Mike said somethin about wanting to do Baffled, and it would be a goodie.

Not sure if Nukies been mentioned, but oh the pain, the pain.

5 Likes

The Man with the Balloons, a 1968 Italian comedy also known as Breakup.

The movie is about Mario (no, not THAT one from the video games), a man who blows up balloons until they burst. Yeah…that’s about it.

The title alone is a laugh.

Tom: Previously titled “The Man With the Colored Pieces of Rubber”

6 Likes

Kansas City Bomber - Raquel Welch as a roller derby star. It’s so so bad.

4 Likes

Also, Roller Boogie, the roller disco movie featuring Linda Blair.

7 Likes

Have they done a roller skating movie yet? RiffTrax did Rollergator, but I’m not sure it counts.

Rollerball might have to be in there too.

6 Likes

I would love to see them riff TROLLZ!

1 Like

Ah, I missed this thread and posted it to an older thread first, but–

The only live-action movie (to my knowledge) that Hanna-Barbera ever made, C.H.O.M.P.S absolutely should be riffed, it’d be perfect.

5 Likes

I rewatched the MST3K revival and on seeing The Land That Time Forgot, I remembered something.

It got a direct sequel in 1977, with Doug McClure even reprising his role!

It’s not like MST3K hasn’t done sequels before.

8 Likes