Mystery Science Pathfinder 3k Act IV - The Amazing, Colossal Play by Post Campaign

@AndrewCrossett @CleverPete @EBK @Spotty_Boots @TheHippy @Vader

OOC:

With our trusty Dwarf being busy today, and our GM probably having Whiskey Wednesday on the schedule for tonight, I wanted to give everyone a heads up that I’ll be out of town again this weekend. (Going back to Austin for my friend’s 50th birthday! :partying_face: )

I’ll be leaving Friday in the middle of the day and getting back Monday around the same time. I’ll have my phone and tablet available to check in and take Dory’s turn if we’re fighting, but will be slower to respond in all likelihood. And things like Round Recaps will have to wait for me to get back, if we get all the way through a round of combat.

3 Likes

Thread post frequency will be down approximately 97% this weekend! :rofl:

5 Likes

Indeed, and sadly you’ll all have to think of a different excuse why you don’t remember what’s happening in the game, and do your own thread research to catch up. :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe we should just shut the thread down for the weekend.

1 Like

The campaigniversary is coming up in less than a week!

2 Likes

How many days have passed now in-game?

And how many days since Johnny left? It seems like we should be looking for letters from him in each caravan, but we can still probably see him heading down the road out of town.

1 Like

We are about five days shy of our first month as residents of Telhain, the party having arrived Pharast the 27th and today being Gozran the 22nd.

Johnny departed back on Goz 17th, early Moonday morning. He probably got a pony on his way out of town, so he could be 100 miles from here by now.

2 Likes

…Much to the annoyance of the pony’s owner.

3 Likes

Actually, he never left. He’s still in Telhain, doing jobs for Eddie, hanging out at the gambling den, and generally avoiding us. It’s just NotTVsFrank who left, upset with the turn Johnny’s life had taken.

3 Likes

I just noticed this – as with weapons, the masterwork bonus on armor is not quite as cool as it could be. Rather than masterwork making armor +1 to AC, it only reduces the Armor Check Penalty by 1.

So Coleman’s full plate is +9 to AC, and his normal AC is 24.

(Still better than the 23 he had in the +1 field plate, though - and it can be enchanted later to do even more neat tricks.)

2 Likes

You bite two nurses, man, some people are sooo sensitive !

:grin:

5 Likes

OOC: Your skills may be of use in Silent Hill. I hear they have a problem with their nurses.

3 Likes

Re: Our enchanted ammo… I have Medio with 13 shock arrows, including the one Dory fixed; Torgo with 2, and 16 in the kitty. (Not literally… poor kitty.) That’s 31 total. And Medio has purchased 20 adamantine arrows.

How will these be doled out?

2 Likes

We also still have silver arrows, right?

1 Like

I think those are all for him, but Coleman also picked some up for Torgo:

10 arrows would be another 600.5 gold pieces.

Torgo has 10 silvered arrows, and Medio has 8.

There are also 100 mithral arrows in our storage, which Bonnie has not expressed a preference about yet. They might be intended for militia donations, or a gift for the Silver Wardens.

2 Likes

Yes, Medio has 8 and Torgo has 10. Also we have 100 mithral arrows (though Torgo can’t use those.)

2 Likes

That’s true, they are size M in all likelihood. Red Hand didn’t have any size S buddies with him.

1 Like

We should take a sheaf of 20 mithral arrows with us. We can always return any we don’t use to the pile afterward.

2 Likes

Are we bringing the Stalker cores with us to Axis?

We still have 3 of the 4 that survived the fight, but they didn’t make it onto the party page. They are probably either in a Bag of Holding or Secure Storage.

2 Likes

We will probably need the shafts of the mithral arrows shortened for Medio’s bow. Whether they can be shortened for Torgo or need to be rescaled in all dimensions, I don’t know.

1 Like