On Joel’s new episodes…

I dunno, I think Joel’s new Joel is still pretty Joeley moley even though he has bewbs and his eyes don’t move, send him the movie, Frank. Frank?

9 Likes

The new Joel is actually better than the original Joel. I couldn’t go back to original Joel now.

10 Likes

Thems flame war words.

8 Likes

I know the switch from SD to HD was rough on everybody, but wow.

13 Likes

montypythonitsguy

“IT’S…”

cheesy British announcer voice: “MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000!”

20 Likes

Oh, I think we’re all being a little harsh here. The believability of this latest supposed Joel sighting is rated very high. High enough to fund a camping trip with some scantily dressed students, even.

13 Likes

I demand that vintage 90’s Joel be used, and also vintage 90’s me.

18 Likes

Joels were so much better when they were made in the 80’s, with metal and lead paint. These new Joels are made of plastic and break too easily.

10 Likes

Is this a photo of Joel in the wild? Read the book.

13 Likes

Wow that Just For Men™ really works!! (hubba hubba!)

9 Likes

I mean, it’s even sort of lifelike.
hqdefault

10 Likes

Actually*, I saw the MST3K pilot back in… a… day, and noticed we barely saw the movie! That was the day I stopped watching!** So… my favorite version of MST3K… the only version I watch… is the version of the show before the show even existed! Man, that was a great series back then.

Remember the now famous fan quote: “I hate Tom Servo’s having a voice at all!” (though why they didn’t say “Beeper” I have no idea)

*to the degree there is an “actually” on this thread, that is.

** though why I’d be a Kickstarter backer and participant on a thread here if I never watched past the pilot makes no sense whatsoever! Granted, the only good SNL (my favorite show of all time) era to me was the 1st two seasons of Laugh-In (…or was it the Smothers Brothers…?)

7 Likes

Okay.

You had me for a while there.

7 Likes

It was Flip Wilson.

Dave Grohl Hair Flip GIF

7 Likes

I took the blind Joel Challenge and I only detected a slight oakiness in one. Maybe my ear- and eye-buds can’t detect the range of nuance that yours can, but it’s still all Joel to me.

10 Likes

All these posts and no one’s blamed White Dot? :thinking:

10 Likes

13 Likes

This whole thread is starting to make that one about establishing a Politics Forum look tame. :grimacing:

7 Likes

I’m really hoping that they do that for the Christmas episode… :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

They should really get a new human to go with the new bots.

11 Likes