On Joel’s new episodes…

It’s British slang for a really good song that’s a thrill to hear, and that definition has since slowly expanded. One day I hope to convince a British musician to release an album entitled “Bangers and Mashups,” but I have no idea how to make that happen, let alone ensure the music lives up to the title.

11 Likes

It is a type of sausage.

11 Likes

It’s a new product from the makers of Shimmer Floor Wax! BANGERS!® It’s a head-bangin’ new tune AND a stick-to-your-ribs breakfast!

8 Likes

I think “banger” started out as British slang but is gradually coming into American use too. Miley Cyrus titled one of her albums Bangerz.

5 Likes

A banger is something lit that totally slaps, and that’s the tea.

11 Likes

I have no idea what you just said, but I like the cut of your jib.

10 Likes

To be honest, same.

8 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

Can I get some bacon strips on that?

4 Likes

Wait, THAT’S bangers and mash? I never bothered to look it up, but it looks divine! It also looks like it hates arteries, but I need to go across the sea and get me a plate of that.

9 Likes

Om nom nom

2 Likes

I use “My hair is bent, my back is old, my teeth are grey.”

4 Likes

I think I first heard of bangers because of the Jefferesons’ English neighbor. lol. (If we’re talking about the joys of being really, really, old here.)

5 Likes

Just go to an import store. I agree about the arteries. So much grease and salt in that. Otherwise it looks tasty.

2 Likes

So are they going to unveil an offspring of Joel’s at some point to also continue the lineage? After all, if Dr. F and Frank both managed to have children, surely Joel had some good fortune as well. Plus he’s been around for a millennium now.

1 Like

Joel already has children. Their names are Crow and Tom Servo. Crow has a mother that’s made of wire and a nipple. Tom Servo has no mother.

7 Likes

That would explain some things…

4 Likes

Crow’s Mother.

4 Likes

The big twist at Xmas is going to be that either Jonah or Emily is his kid. Or possibly both. :exploding_head:

1 Like