Premier League & Other Footballing ('21-'22)

I am in the perverse position of partly hoping my team (Wolves) lose. It makes no difference to our own final standing I don’t think, but I’d much rather see Liverpool win the league than Man City.

3 Likes

Wow, things are interesting right now.

Liverpool could really do with their supersub Origi right now but he’s injured.

Tottenham’s Son Heung-min has jumped to the top of the scorer’s charts too. I’d love to see him win that. Great player.

I can’t I can’t I can’t with this right now. Hah, none of my teams are involved, and I’m still SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW.

1 Like

Bummer about the final end. Can at least be happy LFC won and did all they could. Onto the UCL!

3 Likes

Well, I’m spent. Was pulling so hard for Liverpool, but Aston Villa couldn’t keep up their end of an admittedly hard bargain. Will go back and watch my Leicester and Brighton’s victories, congratulate Leeds, then pull the plug on EPL until Aug. Whew.

3 Likes

It was fun having no horse in the title race. City were absolutely rotten until they scored, all their big players absolutely towing caravans.

West Ham bottling a Europa League place as well, how unsurprising.

1 Like

Meanwhile in the MLS.
So my Whitecaps lost…
Considering our first string keeper is injured.
Our second string is in COVID Protocol.
Our third string is also in COVID Protocol.
We sent out a 17 year old from the academy program…
Seeing the score was only 2-1… It could have been a lot worse.

Looking forward to the Canadian Championship quarter final match…
On Wednesday…
Poopie.

2 Likes

My NWSL team had half their backline out with COVID and we only had 2 days of training all week…amazed that we pulled off a win on the road last Sunday. Woof!

1 Like

Newest England National Team roster out…and where in tarnation is James Freaking Maddison???

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Experiment: Giant Football / Soccer Thread!

Since this Premier League season is over, I’m going to close this thread and point everyone over to the Giant Non-Specific Football / Soccer Thread! until EPL starts up again in August!

Champions League Yes GIF by UEFA